WA100+ companion switches not working with WD200+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WA100+ companion switches not working with WD200+

Currently replacing most of my GE/Jasco Z-wave switches with Homeseer.

Just replaced a 3 way configuration that was originally a Jasco Dimmer and Jasco companion switch, with a WD200+ and a WA100+. Wiring requirement is identical between the Jasco and Homeseer, with the traveler wire going between the two switches, so the switching out of the switches was easy.

The WD200+ works fine. The WA100+ switch does nothing. I tried with two WA100+ switches and nothing. Really not making sense to me - since wiring it is a no-brainer - other than "maybe" both switches I tried are bad? (Also note that one of the WA100+'s that I got [amazon] was "used", as when I opened it up there was no bubble wrap and the tabs had already been removed on one side --- but the other switch I tried was "new" [wrapped up, all tabs intact, etc]).

Is there any type of configuration I have to do on the WD200+ for it to know it's a master and respond to the traveler?

Originally posted by rsonedecker View Post
    Currently replacing most of my GE/Jasco Z-wave switches with Homeseer.

Just replaced a 3 way configuration that was originally a Jasco Dimmer and Jasco companion switch, with a WD200+ and a WA100+. Wiring requirement is identical between the Jasco and Homeseer, with the traveler wire going between the two switches, so the switching out of the switches was easy.

The WD200+ works fine. The WA100+ switch does nothing. I tried with two WA100+ switches and nothing. Really not making sense to me - since wiring it is a no-brainer - other than "maybe" both switches I tried are bad? (Also note that one of the WA100+'s that I got [amazon] was "used", as when I opened it up there was no bubble wrap and the tabs had already been removed on one side --- but the other switch I tried was "new" [wrapped up, all tabs intact, etc]).

Is there any type of configuration I have to do on the WD200+ for it to know it's a master and respond to the traveler?
    The Jasco companions are functionally equivalent to the HomeSeer companions. I’ve used the Jasco companions with my HS-WD100+ dimmers. You should be able to figure out where the problems are by trying different combinations.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
    X