its stopped

HS has stopped talking to the HV box the event log in HS shows this
    Routine: send_hv_command() Error(0):

I can use HV with its own software.
    HS version B40
    Plugin 0.0.4

Any Ideas???

John,

I'm at a bit of a loss. Error 0 in Visual Basic means there's no error. So, I'm mystified why it's writing an entry to the log. Perhaps the error condition is being reset before it's being written to the log. I'll have to change the way I write the error message to see if this is the case. Would you double-check your settings to see if something has changed the COM port the unit is hooked up to? I am using B40 with 0.0.4, as well.

Did anything change recently? Did you just move to B40 and it stopped communicating? My HV is hooked to COM1, what port is yours hooked to? Using Regedit, what do you see at at HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\hspi_homevision\Settings? Does the entry "comport" accurately reflect where the HomeVision is connected?

I'll change the error writing for the 0.0.5 release to see if we can better narrow down the problem.

--David

Comment

Must have been a 'bad-hair' day my computer has taken to working again. I am moving HS to its on server at the weekend, hopefully this wont happen again.

Thanks again.

Comment

John,

Glad that it's working again for you. How mystifying. I think I'll still make the change to the error writing routine, as you may have uncovered something there. I appreciate your using the plug-in. Together, all of us will get it working well. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Happy hair!

--David

Comment

Working...
        X