Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion detection trigger help

Hi

I think what I am trying to achieve should be simple, but obviously Im even simpler, so maybe somebody out there could help me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I have an X10 ir motion detector that detects motion and sends a B3 ON. This works great for turning lights on / off etc. After 8 mins it sends a B3 OFF (which is my desired preset)

However, I would like to use the device to trigger a greeting whenever a B3 ON X10 command is sent that actually turns on the lights (in other words, the lamp device currently stays on when I am in the room as B3 ON's are triggered alot, the B3 OFF is sent when I leave the room for 8 mins or more)

... therefore the criteria I am looking to fulfill is trigger speech (hs.speak) when B3 ON is triggered, but only when B3 OFF was the last B3 command to be recieved..

I hope all that makes sense and somebody can help..

Thanks in advance

you are not saying what you want help with?
    If you want a script to do it it should be pretty easy. If you want to run an event just set a "status" event and change its status depending on the B3 Off that is triggered, then use a condition to run the speech when needed.

Comment

It seems he wants a voice trigger (along with a light trigger ) the first time a device changes from off to on. Having multiple ON's doesn't really affect lights, but multiple "Welcome!"'s would get kinda tiresome.

In my version (b27) there is a trigger for device status change. Select that and pick when B3 changes to the status of ON. If it changed, obviously it was OFF before it came on. Maybe that will work, and not re-trigger every time the motion detector detects motion.

Maybe the experts can chime in also....

Comment

Working...
      X