No announcement yet.

Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stipus, I can't believe how much you've done in LESS THAN a WEEK. Big thanks for TAKING YOUR PERSONAL TIME to make the HS home bridge platform, fine tune it, add more devices, and most importantly to share your hard work with the community!!!!
    Really incredible! Thank you again.

Sent from my iPhone
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
      Hi tom tom ,

yes i did , im using windows 7 ultimate x64

i deleted everything and did a new install

but im stuck when running npm install

it says cannot find git , but i installed git with this option (Use Git from the Windows Command Prompt)

this is the error

PHP Code:
      796 verbose stack Errornot foundgit
      796 verbose stack     at F 
      (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\which\which.js:73:28)
      796 verbose stack     at E (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\which\which.js:76:29)
      796 verbose stack     at C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\which\which.js:84:16
      796 verbose stack     at FSReqWrap
      .oncomplete (fs.js:82:15)
      797 verbose cwd C:\Users\Home Security System\Desktop\homebridge
      798 error Windows_NT 6.1.7601
      799 error argv 
      "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "install"
      800 error node v4.2.1
      801 error npm  v2.14.7
      802 error code ENOGIT
      803 error not found
      git
      804 error Failed using git
      804 error This is most likely not a problem with npm itself.
      804 error Please check if you have git installed and in your PATH.
      805 verbose exit [ 1true 

Check your Environment and PATH variables. It looks like it is getting confused. Also check the privileges you are running with in case that is an issue.

Windows setup has been problematic. If you installed from the Vera Zip file, that was all prebuilt. To get the new version with Homeseer, you will need to rebuild which requires more pre-reqs installed (Python, Git, NPM, Visual Studio, etc).

Good luck

Comment

Lost homebridge

I am running into an error in which Homebridge showed up as an accessory in MyTouchHome, but on setup ran into some error. Now it no longer shows up as an accessory no matter the reboot of all parties. There are several references to this issue on the Homebridge git site that reference a bad entry in the Homekit DB that needs to be cleared out. Not sure how to do that.

Has anyone seen the same thing?

Comment

I had this problem once... I think this can happen when you change accessory type or name, and that confuses the HomeKit database as the HomeKit identifier is based on the accessory type + name.

To fix it, you have to erase the HomeKit DB....

1) Go to IOS settings / HomeKit, delete the Home
          2) delete the homebridge/persist directory

Unfortunately you then have to recreate all rooms, and assign all accessories to rooms.

If I were you, I would first download/install HomeSeer platform V0.8 if you don't already have it, and for each HomeSeer event and HomeSeer accessory, add a "uuid_base:"some_unique_id" to the configuration.

This will then be easier in the future to change accessory type or name, without confusing HomeKit.
          --
          stipus

Comment

Stipus, if the Homeseer platform is modified by you, I assume it needs to be re-downloaded from github? Or are the modification you make for new devices in the config file.? If the platform needs to be downloaded again, any idea on how to do that on Linux/Pi ? If you use the instruction given for initial install "git clone https://" command it says folder/file already exist. TIA

Sent from my iPhone
            Tom
            baby steps...starting again with HS3
            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

What i've done in the past when things got messed up on the IOS side:

delete the IOS homebridge data (privacy-homekit) but also in de config.json - Bridge section changed the "name", "username" & "port".

Stipus, thanks for all the effort!

Originally posted by askme View Post
              I am running into an error in which Homebridge showed up as an accessory in MyTouchHome, but on setup ran into some error. Now it no longer shows up as an accessory no matter the reboot of all parties. There are several references to this issue on the Homebridge git site that reference a bad entry in the Homekit DB that needs to be cleared out. Not sure how to do that.

Has anyone seen the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                Stipus, if the Homeseer platform is modified by you, I assume it needs to be re-downloaded from github? Or are the modification you make for new devices in the config file.? If the platform needs to be downloaded again, any idea on how to do that on Linux/Pi ? If you use the instruction given for initial install "git clone https://" command it says folder/file already exist. TIA
                Sent from my iPhone
                I always posted the last platform version to this thread. You could download it from the board, and just replace homeseer.js in the homebridge/platforms directory. New platform versions are always compatible with older configure files. I added many parameters but they are always optional.
                --
                stipus

Comment

first of all , thanks for your message

but i did that , and added the path variables , but i get a bunch of errors now ,

installed everything like on the tutorial , i dont know what im doing wrong now

PHP Code:
                  LINK fatal error LNK1181cannot open input file 'C:\OpenSSL-Win64\lib\libeay
                  32.lib' 
                  [C:\Users\Home Security System\Desktop\homebridge\node_modules\HAP-Node
                  JS
                  \node_modules\ed25519\build\ed25519.vcxproj
                  PHP Code:
                  c:\users\home security system\desktop\homebridge\node_modules\mdns\src\mdns.hpp
                  (32): fatal error C1083Cannot open include file'dns_sd.h'No such file or
                  directory (..\src\dns_service_browse.cpp) [C:\Users\Home Security System\Deskto
                  p
                  \homebridge\node_modules\mdns\build\dns_sd_bindings.vcxproj]
                  directory (..\src\dns_sd.cpp) [C:\Users\Home Security System\Desktop\homebridge
                  \node_modules\mdns\build\dns_sd_bindings.vcxproj]

dns_service_enumerate_domains.cpp
                    dns_service_get_addr_info
                  .cpp
                  c
                  :\users\home security system\desktop\homebridge\node_modules\mdns\src\mdns.hpp
                  directory (..\src\dns_service_get_addr_info.cpp) [C:\Users\Home Security System
                  \Desktop\homebridge\node_modules\mdns\build\dns_sd_bindings.vcxproj]

dns_service_process_result.cpp
                  c
                  directory (..\src\dns_service_enumerate_domains.cpp) [C:\Users\Home Security Sy
                  stem

dns_service_ref.cpp

npm ERR
                  Windows_NT 6.1.7601
                  npm ERR
                  argv "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\
                  node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "install"
                  npm ERRnode v4.2.1
                  npm ERR
                  npm  v2.14.7
                  npm ERR
                  code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR
                  telldus@0.0.9 install: `node-gyp configure build`
                  npm ERR! Exit status 1
                  npm ERR
                  !
                  npm ERRFailed at the telldus@0.0.9 install script 'node-gyp configure build'.
                  npm ERRThis is most likely a problem with the telldus package,
                  npm ERRnot with npm itself.
                  npm ERRTell the author that this fails on your system:
                  npm ERR!     node-gyp configure build
                  npm ERR
                  You can get their info via:
                  npm ERR!     npm owner ls telldus
                  npm ERR
                  There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERRPlease include the following file with any support request:
                  npm ERR!     C:\Users\Home Security System\Desktop\homebridge\npm-debug.log

C
                  :\Users\Home Security System\Desktop\homebridge
                  i also did everything with administrator mode and changed permissions , but i get a bunch of red errors (no such directory from files in homebridge folder node_modules)

Check your Environment and PATH variables. It looks like it is getting confused. Also check the privileges you are running with in case that is an issue.

Windows setup has been problematic. If you installed from the Vera Zip file, that was all prebuilt. To get the new version with Homeseer, you will need to rebuild which requires more pre-reqs installed (Python, Git, NPM, Visual Studio, etc).

Good luck
                  Last edited by Malosa; October 14, 2015, 10:04 AM.
                  Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                  Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkilane View Post
                    What i've done in the past when things got messed up on the IOS side:

delete the IOS homebridge data (privacy-homekit) but also in de config.json - Bridge section changed the "name", "username" & "port".

Stipus, thanks for all the effort!
                    That and a reboot did it for me. Thanks.

And obligatory: Stipus, thanks for all of this.

Comment

Still working on this

In the config.json, I have a couple of questions:

Under "bridge", do the name, username, port, or pin matter? Or are they arbitrarily simulating a non-existent HW device? I have found no doc on them and anything seems to work.

Under "platform", is the the IP:Port of homeseer's web Server port? or its JSON Control port. I am having trouble connecting to devices and trying to narrow down the possible issues.

Thanks.

Comment

first of all , thanks for your message

but i did that , and added the path variables , but i get a bunch of errors now ,

installed everything like on the tutorial , i dont know what im doing wrong now

PHP Code:
                        LINK fatal error LNK1181cannot open input file 'C:\OpenSSL-Win64\lib\libeay
                        32.lib' 
                        [C:\Users\Home Security System\Desktop\homebridge\node_modules\HAP-Node
                        JS
                        \node_modules\ed25519\build\ed25519.vcxproj
                        PHP Code:
                        directory (..\src\dns_service_browse.cpp) [C:\Users\Home Security System\Deskto
                        p
                        \homebridge\node_modules\mdns\build\dns_sd_bindings.vcxproj]
                        directory (..\src\dns_sd.cpp) [C:\Users\Home Security System\Desktop\homebridge
                        \node_modules\mdns\build\dns_sd_bindings.vcxproj]

dns_service_enumerate_domains.cpp
                          dns_service_get_addr_info
                        .cpp
                        c
                        directory (..\src\dns_service_get_addr_info.cpp) [C:\Users\Home Security System

dns_service_process_result.cpp
                        c
                        directory (..\src\dns_service_enumerate_domains.cpp) [C:\Users\Home Security Sy
                        stem

dns_service_ref.cpp

npm ERR
                        Windows_NT 6.1.7601
                        npm ERR
                        argv "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\
                        node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "install"
                        npm ERRnode v4.2.1
                        npm ERR
                        npm  v2.14.7
                        npm ERR
                        code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR
                        telldus@0.0.9 install: `node-gyp configure build`
                        npm ERR! Exit status 1
                        npm ERR
                        !
                        npm ERRFailed at the telldus@0.0.9 install script 'node-gyp configure build'.
                        npm ERRThis is most likely a problem with the telldus package,
                        npm ERRnot with npm itself.
                        npm ERRTell the author that this fails on your system:
                        npm ERR!     node-gyp configure build
                        npm ERR
                        You can get their info via:
                        npm ERR!     npm owner ls telldus
                        npm ERR
                        There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERRPlease include the following file with any support request:
                        npm ERR!     C:\Users\Home Security System\Desktop\homebridge\npm-debug.log

C
                        :\Users\Home Security System\Desktop\homebridge
                        i also did everything with administrator mode and changed permissions , but i get a bunch of red errors (no such directory from files in homebridge folder node_modules)
                        First of all, let me just clarify that I gave up on Windows shortly after the point you are at, that said, I think you are having problems with dependencies. I had to install a number of additional Visual Basic and Windows SDK's to get past that point. Check your "Reference Assemblies" directory under WIndows.

I saw another poster indicate they needed also needed OpenSSL installed.

Comment

thanks for the reply :
                          i know its a problem only with the telldus@0.0.9 install script 'node-gyp configure build'.

i searched another topic of other people and i installed a lower version of node 0.10.x , still no luck

with the all in one package the old one it worked normal

here is the debug log
                          PHP Code:
                          0 info it worked if it ends with ok
                          1 verbose cli 
                          'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\\\node.exe',
                          1 verbose cli   'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js',
                          1 verbose cli   'run',
                          1 verbose cli   'start' ]
                          2 info using npm@1.4.28
                          3 info using node
                          @v0.10.40
                          4 verbose node symlink C
                          :\Program Files\nodejs\\node.exe
                          5 verbose run
                          -script 'prestart''start''poststart' ]
                          6 info prestart homebridge@0.1.1
                          7 info start homebridge
                          @0.1.1
                          8 verbose unsafe
                          -perm in lifecycle true
                          9 info homebridge
                          @0.1.1 Failed to exec start script
                          10 error homebridge
                          @0.1.1 start: `DEBUG=* node app.js || true`
                          10 error Exit status 1
                          11 error Failed at the homebridge
                          @0.1.1 start script.
                          11 error This is most likely a problem with the homebridge package,
                          11 error not with npm itself.
                          11 error Tell the author that this fails on your system:
                          11 error     DEBUG=* node app.js || true
                          11 error You can get their info via
                          :
                          11 error     npm owner ls homebridge
                          11 error There is likely additional logging output above
                          12 error System Windows_NT 6.1.7601
                          13 error command 
                          "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "run" "start"
                          14 error cwd C:\Users\Home Security System\Desktop\homebridge
                          15 error node 
                          -v v0.10.40
                          16 error npm 
                          -v 1.4.28
                          17 error code ELIFECYCLE
                          18 verbose 
                          exit [ 1true 

installed windows 7 sdk , still no luck , i hope someone can help me please

First of all, let me just clarify that I gave up on Windows shortly after the point you are at, that said, I think you are having problems with dependencies. I had to install a number of additional Visual Basic and Windows SDK's to get past that point. Check your "Reference Assemblies" directory under WIndows.

I saw another poster indicate they needed also needed OpenSSL installed.
                          Last edited by Malosa; October 14, 2015, 11:46 AM.

Comment

thanks for the reply :
                            i know its a problem only with the telldus@0.0.9 install script 'node-gyp configure build'.

i searched another topic of other people and i installed a lower version of node 0.10.x , still no luck

with the all in one package the old one it worked normal

here is the debug log
                            PHP Code:
                            0 info it worked if it ends with ok
                            1 verbose cli 
                            'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\\\node.exe',
                            1 verbose cli   'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js',
                            1 verbose cli   'run',
                            1 verbose cli   'start' ]
                            2 info using npm@1.4.28
                            3 info using node
                            @v0.10.40
                            4 verbose node symlink C
                            :\Program Files\nodejs\\node.exe
                            5 verbose run
                            -script 'prestart''start''poststart' ]
                            6 info prestart homebridge@0.1.1
                            7 info start homebridge
                            @0.1.1
                            8 verbose unsafe
                            -perm in lifecycle true
                            9 info homebridge
                            @0.1.1 Failed to exec start script
                            10 error homebridge
                            @0.1.1 start: `DEBUG=* node app.js || true`
                            10 error Exit status 1
                            11 error Failed at the homebridge
                            @0.1.1 start script.
                            11 error This is most likely a problem with the homebridge package,
                            11 error not with npm itself.
                            11 error Tell the author that this fails on your system:
                            11 error     DEBUG=* node app.js || true
                            11 error You can get their info via
                            :
                            11 error     npm owner ls homebridge
                            11 error There is likely additional logging output above
                            12 error System Windows_NT 6.1.7601
                            13 error command 
                            "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "run" "start"
                            14 error cwd C:\Users\Home Security System\Desktop\homebridge
                            15 error node 
                            -v v0.10.40
                            16 error npm 
                            -v 1.4.28
                            17 error code ELIFECYCLE
                            18 verbose 
                            exit [ 1true 

installed windows 7 sdk , still no luck , i hope someone can help me please

While I don't think it will solve you problem, you can dump Teldus (and most other platforms/Accessories you don't use) out of the package.json and node_accessories directory to avoid having to compile them.

Comment

ok what can i delete from there , i only want homeseer and sonos ..

get an new error
                              PHP Code:
                              npm WARN package.json wemo@0.2.1 No repository field

While I don't think it will solve you problem, you can dump Teldus (and most other platforms/Accessories you don't use) out of the package.json and node_accessories directory to avoid having to compile them.

Comment

ok what can i delete from there , i only want homeseer and sonos ..

get an new error
                                PHP Code:
                                npm WARN package.json wemo@0.2.1 No repository field

The reason I suggest I don't think it will help as the most complex dependencies are in the core modules.

I would bet you can dump safely the following.

"ad2usb": "git+https://github.com/alistairg/node-ad2usb.git#local",
                                "carwingsjs": "0.0.x",
                                "chokidar": "^1.0.5",
                                "color": "0.10.x",
                                "eibd": "^0.3.1",
                                "elkington": "kevinohara80/elkington",
                                "harmonyhubjs-client": "^1.1.4",
                                "harmonyhubjs-discover": "git+https://github.com/swissmanu/harmonyhubjs-discover.git",
                                "lifx-api": "^1.0.1",
                                "lifx": "git+https://github.com/magicmonkey/lifxjs.git",
                                "node-hue-api": "^1.0.5",
                                "node-icontrol": "^0.1.4",
                                "node-milight-promise": "0.0.x",
                                "tough-cookie": "^2.0.0",
                                "sonos": "0.8.x",
                                "telldus": "0.0.9",
                                "telldus-live": "0.2.x",
                                "teslams": "1.0.1",
                                "unofficial-nest-api": "git+https://github.com/hachidorii/unofficial_nodejs_nest.git#d8d48edc952b049ff6320ef99afa7b2f0 4cdee98",
                                "wemo": "0.2.x",
                                "wink-js": "0.0.5",
                                "komponist" : "0.1.0",
                                "yamaha-nodejs": "0.4.x",

Comment

Working...
                                X