www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > Z-Flash

Z-Flash Discussions about Z-Flash Z-Wave OTA Firmware Update Tool

Old August 28th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Seer

Z-Flash & HS-WD100+, HS-WS100+

I have purchased quite a few of the "HS-WD100+" and "HS-WS100+" dimmers and switches and they are installed throughout the house.

I don't use or own a license to the HomeSeer (HS3) software and each time in the past I would have to get a trial license key to use HomeSeer (HS3) perform firmware updates on my dimmers/switches.

Can I use Z-Flash along with my Aeotec Z-Stick (Gen5) to update firmware in my "HS-WD100+" and "HS-WS100+" dimmers and switches now?

Thanks, Robert
Old August 28th, 2017, 01:21 PM
OverSeer

Yes you can.
https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...pdate-software
Old August 29th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Seer

Warning Some observations ....

I did get a copy of Z-Flash and did successfully update a bunch of HS-WD100+ dimmers. However after flashing them I lost all single, double and triple tap notification events.

It turns out the firmware update somehow wiped out the association group configuration to the central controller for every dimmer that I updated. I don't remember that happening before when I updated firmware from HS3 in the past.

Without this association group to the controller, I was not getting any CENTRAL_SCENE commands coming from the dimmers and thus no single, double or triple tap events. I had to manually reconfigure every dimmer and re-associate each (Association Group 1) to the central controller.