No announcement yet.

CO2 sensor with wifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sensor did you buy? I have an older one with "just" CO2 but the pm stuff sounds great.
    stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
      What sensor did you buy? I have an older one with "just" CO2 but the pm stuff sounds great.
      It is the CDM7160.
      http://shop.vair-monitor.com/index.p...product_id=133
      You can select the options you need.
      Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Nice, exactly what I need. Just need a bit more money because it is quite expensive (but as I already have the CO2 sensor, it is probably really worth it!)
        stefxx

Comment

Al,

Super helpful as usual!
          I was able to get my Light Sensor seemingly running. It generated a link, and it matched what I expected.

http://<IP>/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=221&value=%LUX%

The value was not updating, even though I saw it updating in the config.vair page. So, I manually copied the link into a browser and I get "error" as feedback. I tried to mimic your setup, but am apparently missing something. Any idea why my JSON access is saying error? Under setup->Network I have JSON control enabled.

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Also, saw under the advanced tab, found the 221 value.
            Confirmed with the below and checking the log:

&hs.writelog "test",hs.GetDeviceRefByName("Virtual vAir Light Level")

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
              Al,

Super helpful as usual!
              I was able to get my Light Sensor seemingly running. It generated a link, and it matched what I expected.

The value was not updating, even though I saw it updating in the config.vair page. So, I manually copied the link into a browser and I get "error" as feedback. I tried to mimic your setup, but am apparently missing something. Any idea why my JSON access is saying error? Under setup->Network I have JSON control enabled.

--Dan
              Hi Dan,

On device 221, make sure to set the Status-Control to Both, not Status for the values under the Status Graphics tab. Also, make sure the device is not set to a Status Only Device under the Configuration tab.

Cheers
              Al
              Last edited by sparkman; March 4, 2017, 02:49 PM.
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post

Additionally to what others have replied, make sure device 221 allows for the range of values for %LUX%. Do this on the device's "Status Graphics" tab.
                Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
                Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
                Number of Devices: 633
                Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.54.0: BLBackup
                2.0.40.0: BLLAN
                3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
                30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
                3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
                3.0.0.87: weatherXML
                3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Al, Len,

Thanks! Al - your solution was it. I had it set to status only. Strange that a status only thing needs to be able to be controlled...I guess in some sense that makes some sense...

Len - thanks for the tip. I've adjusted beyond what I think will come in. I'll perform some tests later on and ensure I get that tightened up. I guess I'm not sure it matters in my case if I set the "values" too long.

I'm off an running!

--Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Cleavitt76 View Post
                    Just a suggestion, but one way you could use this is to enable the HVAC fan mode when the master bedroom CO2 level is above a certain level, then turn the fan back to Auto when the CO2 level drops to a "healthy" level.

I usually close my bedroom doors at night and CO2 build up could be an issue during times of the year that the HVAC isn't running much. Turning on the fan mode would redistribute air throughout the house and lower the CO2 in areas where it is concentrated.

I use HS3 to turn on the HVAC periodically during the night to help keep temperature more even and to provide "fresh" air to the bedrooms. Is there really a need to measure the CO2 level?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                      I use HS3 to turn on the HVAC periodically during the night to help keep temperature more even and to provide "fresh" air to the bedrooms. Is there really a need to measure the CO2 level?
                      That depends. Is your HVAC actually providing fresh air? Many HVAC systems simply circulate the same stale air around your house and don't actually bring in fresh air from outside. In older homes, this may be fine, since there is likely enough ventilation around windows, doors, etc. However, newer homes are often sealed much more tightly. Many will have HRVs or ERVs to bring in fresh air.

I have a home that is sealed very well and an HRV to bring in fresh air. I am looking for a CO2 monitor to integrate into HomeSeer so I can turn on my HRV and air handler blower when a certain threshold is exceeded.

Unfortunately, the product in this thread is not currently available. I tried Awair, but they don't currently offer an open API, and their IFTTT recipes are very limited.

Oh well. I guess I'll keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by mhaedo View Post
                        Unfortunately, the product in this thread is not currently available. I tried Awair, but they don't currently offer an open API, and their IFTTT recipes are very limited.

Oh well. I guess I'll keep looking.
                        http://shop.vair-monitor.com/index.p...product_id=133
                        Works perfect with Homeseer.
                        Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Not able to set Wifi

Recently I stumbled over the Single Beam CO2 monitor that I ordered a long time ago.
                          Never took the time to connect it to HS but today I thought I'll give it a try.

Unfortunately it won't connect to my wifi network.

Via my COM port I managed to establish a connection with the device through the vThings Configuration Utility (Chrome App), Putty, and the Arduino IDE. I tried "Setup: Wifi" in the chrome app, "Serial line" with Putty and "Serial Monitor" with Arduino IDE but in all cases I only receive "Cannot send data. No Wifi connection" as output from the device.
                          In Putty and Arduino IDE the monitor doesn't display anything else (no menu).

Anyone any idea?
                          Last edited by Broes; February 16, 2018, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X