Announcements through Panasonic phone system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcements through Panasonic phone system

Is it possible to have announcements made through a Panasonic phone system? I found some questioning on it some time ago, but didn't find where anyone had it working. If so, what hardware & scripting was used to make he connection? Thanks. Eric

I posted something a while ago about the way I think it is best to connect HomeSeer Phone to a Panasonic, but it requires an available extension and CO on the PBX. If you have that and find the post, then that will get you most of the way there.

After connecting it that way, and configuring the CO and extension properly, you can use the HSP dial and speak action. Have it dial 33* (or a specific extension) and speak your announcement. If you do not have auto-answer turned on (when dialing an extension) then you have to either wait an amount of time for an answer before you start speaking or speak the same thing several times as the modem has no way of knowing when the phone is answered, so speaking right away could result in part of the message being cut-off.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Searching again turned up your previous note, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Comment

Rick, Is there a script to interface with modem to pick up line and anounce or is HSPhone required for this function? Eric

Comment

The short answer is yes, HSPhone is required.

The long answer is that HS provides all of the tools you need to do this as well, but you will need to be a programmer and a script may not be fast enough either. HomeSeer can open COM ports and you can send the command to put the modem into audio playback over the phone, but then you have to stream the binary WAV audio data to the modem and at the same time accept binary data back from the modem that might include messages from the modem such as when somebody hangs up the handset. It is not easy stuff!

Regards,

Rick Tinker
          HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Comment

Specifically the KX-TA624 model. Rick, I read the post you made here. I'm still fuzzy about how HSPhone would interact with a PBX system. Would HSPhone still be able to tell when an extension went off hook? Also, would there be a way to configure a PBX system to allow HomeSeer to take a message while you're on the phone. For example, someone calls my house on CO line 1. I answer the call and while I'm on the phone, another call comes in on CO line 1. Would the PBX be able to rout the second call to HSPhone? Also, would HSPhone be able to react to caller id information received for calls on both CO lines?

I tried looking at the KX-TA624 manual on the Panasonic website, but I couldn't find the answers to my questions.

-Will

Comment

Will,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Would HSPhone still be able to tell when an extension went off hook?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
              No, only if you go off-hook on the CO that you connect HSPhone to. On my system, I have Line 1(CO1), Line 2(CO2), an unused line(CO3) and HomeSeer(CO4). When I press the HomeSeer button, I instantly hear HomeSeer say "Yes sire?" (I have it configured not to wait for the # sign and to answer as a local call instantly.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Also, would there be a way to configure a PBX system to allow HomeSeer to take a message while you're on the phone. For example, someone calls my house on CO line 1. I answer the call and while I'm on the phone, another call comes in on CO line 1. Would the PBX be able to rout the second call to HSPhone?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Absolutely not because you are on CO1! If you have HomeSeer on an extension and CO as I discussed in that thread, and if you were on Line 1, then it could still answer a call that comes in on Line 2.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Also, would HSPhone be able to react to caller id information received for calls on both CO lines?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Well, this is where Panasonic sort of sticks it to you. I am not sure about your model of system, but on mine I had to buy an 8 extension expansion card of the type that would pass Caller-ID on one of the extensions. Normally, Caller-ID is passed by the system to all of the proprietary Panasonic phones in a proprietary manner so it is not usable by any conventional CID device. With the extension expansion card I have, it will pass normal CID on to one of the extensions, and so that is the one that I have HSPhone connected and so yes, it can get CID from all of the phone lines in the system that are CID enabled by the phone company. If your system is not capable of that but you still want to have CID on multiple lines, then if you have enough serial ports go and get several of the NetCallerID boxes (cheap, like $5 each) and the WAF-NetCallerID script and you can get CID on multiple lines into HomeSeer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I tried looking at the KX-TA624 manual on the Panasonic website, but I couldn't find the answers to my questions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully I have helped with that some!

Regards,

Rick Tinker
              HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Comment

can one do the dial feature with the PCI modem ?

Comment

Working...
                X