Move Device from Zwave Network A to Network B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move Device from Zwave Network A to Network B

I have a Zstick which has apparently died. I have a new ZTroller which I want to use to replace it. I am OK adding devices to the Ztroller and essentially starting over.

But when I try to add to the Ztroller (press "add" on Ztroller right next to the device), the device turns on/off but does not seem to add itself to the ZTroller's network. It appears as though the device is happy it belongs to the old network (with dead controller) and is not willing to join a new network. I have tried with GE outlet and a cooper light switch and both do the same thing (they will not add to the Ztroller network).

Any advice on how I can start adding my existing devices to what is a new network?

Thanks!

I think you need to "delete" the device using the ZTroller before you'll be able to add it to the new network. It's essentially the same process as Add, only you use the "Delete" button on the ZT first.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

That worked like a charm! Thanks. Back in business.

fyi for any others doing the same:
      When I delete each node, I get about a 50% success rate. Sometimes it works perfectly. Sometimes it does not succeed and seems to say "hold" forever. When I let go it says "fail". In some of these failed cases, it actually worked and in others it did not. But if I take the batteries out of the Ztroller and try it again it usually works. IN all cases I got it to work, but in at least half I had to perform he delete function two or more times.

Comment

Working...
      X