Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Labs LED Bulb - Model number: ZW098

So I just got the Aeon Labs LED Bulb - Model number: ZW098

It seems to work fine now that I dumped the Z-Troller for a Z-NET (needed ZWave Plus) and replaced a defective bulb that wouldn't pair.

My question is can I get to the 'inner' workings? Setting such as the Colour Change Speed and Colour Display Cycle?

Originally posted by dnicosia View Post
    So I just got the Aeon Labs LED Bulb - Model number: ZW098

It seems to work fine now that I dumped the Z-Troller for a Z-NET (needed ZWave Plus) and replaced a defective bulb that wouldn't pair.

My question is can I get to the 'inner' workings? Setting such as the Colour Change Speed and Colour Display Cycle?
    I've got this working great. Here are a couple of examples. You have to manipulate z-wave parameter 37 of the root device. There are 4 byte codes that you concatenate together to get the final decimal code needed. Below, I've separated the 4 byte values with a | for clarity.

I created a couple of manually triggered events that set parameter 37 to whatever I want and then just trigger these events from other events to change the bulb.

Default single color mode

the default value in case you mess things up - decimal 3840 - 4 bytes

00|00|0000 - 0 smooth color transition with single color mode
    00000000 - 0 cycle count - unlimited
    00001111 - 15 - color change speed
    00000000 - 0 - color residence time - 0
    00000000|00000000|00001111|00000000 = 3840

Rainbow cycle

decimal 16785508 - 4 bytes

00|00|0001 - 1 - smooth color transition with rainbow mode
    00000000 - 0 - cycle count - unlimited
    00100000 - 32 - color change speed - about 12.5%
    01100100 - 100 - color residence time - 10 seconds (bit value / 10)
    00|00|0001|00000000|00100000|01100100 = 16785508

Look here under the "Advanced Functions" section to get the values of the various bytes. The MSB (most significant byte) is split up into a 2 bit value (color transition), a second 2 bit value that's reserved (leave at 00), and then a 4 bit value for the color display mode.

http://aeotec.com/z-wave-led-lightbu...lb-manual.html
    Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone else successfully used this product?

I got it and was able to add it through the Z-Net, but none of the controls on the device management screen control it.

Comment

It's working great. I'm using the bulbs different colors to alert for various conditions

3 second blinking green - alarm was disarmed
        3 second blinking red - alarm was armed
        solid red - alarm is armed, pending disarm
        3 second blinking blue - air conditioning turned on
        3 second blinking orange - heat turned on

Comment

This sound interesting, could use this for alerts to various events. Thanks fir posting slbuck!

Sent from my iPhone
          Tom
          baby steps...starting again with HS3
          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

in Homeseer I see a bunch of options for this bulb (attached). The only ones that seem to do anything is the "Cold White On" and the "Warm White On". How do you get the Blue, Red, Green and Custom color options to do anything?

I have fiddled with option 37 and I can get different colors that way. I would love to know how to get the bulb to show a custom color
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by madas View Post
              in Homeseer I see a bunch of options for this bulb (attached). The only ones that seem to do anything is the "Cold White On" and the "Warm White On". How do you get the Blue, Red, Green and Custom color options to do anything?

I have fiddled with option 37 and I can get different colors that way. I would love to know how to get the bulb to show a custom color
              If warm white is on, then the bulb will be warm white, regardless of any other setting. If warm white is off and cool white is on, then the bulb will be cool white, regardless of any other setting.

After that the red, blue, etc come into play. Turn off warm white, turn off cool white, then try colors. I think this is explained in the manual, too. Probably more detailed explanation there.

Comment

darn it your right...this wasn't working yesterday, but it is now....i need to stop drinking...

Comment

How do you guys like this bulb, worth it ?

Sent from my iPhone
                  Tom

Comment

jury still out...wife is not a fan so far. responds quick though

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                      How do you guys like this bulb, worth it ?

Sent from my iPhone
                      I think it depends what you want to do with it. They are great if you want a bulb that can be colorful. But beyond decorative uses, I would have to say there are better options. Namely, the CRI on these bulbs seems pretty lousy to my eyes.

If I were to do things over, I would have bought a six-pack of Cree high-CRI bulbs from Home Depot, and used z-wave dimmers to control the lamps. I believe the Cree high-CRI bulbs are similar to GE Reveal bulbs in that the glass is doped with neodymium, and can be had for a fair price if bought online at Home Depot.

Comment

Love these bulbs, just wish that you are able to change the colour of them via HSTouch.

Comment

Could you change these bulb color via events?

If so you could make a virtual device that triggers an event to the color you want?
                          Again I don't have these but I'm assuming you could change color via events. Please correct me if this is inaccurate.

Originally posted by Liquid Chef View Post
                          Love these bulbs, just wish that you are able to change the colour of them via HSTouch.
                          Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Chef View Post
                            You can. Just create a slider for each channel (Red, Green, Blue) and adjust at will!

Comment

Originally posted by dnicosia View Post
                              I created a small Excel spreadsheet to compute parameters 37 and 38. It's a One Pager that is self explanatory.

Hope it helps!

EDIT: See post #22 for updated spreadsheet.
                              Last edited by mike_1103; November 22, 2015, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X