Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-wave receptacle with Child Lockout and energy usage and tamper-resistant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave receptacle with Child Lockout and energy usage and tamper-resistant?

Primary use case (but I'd like to add others too): Kiddo got a TV in her room now, and I'd like to A) Monitor how many hours it's on, trigger alerts, shut it off etc., B) Lockout the control button C) Have tamper-resistant outlets due to her twin 3-yr-old brothers.

Looks like the Cooper RFTR9505 are the only game in town, but I hesitate a little because it also looks like they're out of stock/ discontinued at a lot of places. Prices range from $55-$200 !

Should I snatch up whatever I can at the lowest price possible, or are there other options out there with this combination of features?

TIA
    Darrel

I use the Aeon Smart Energy Switches to monitor TVs and detect when they are on or not. They do provide wattage/power info, but I just detect if they are on/off. Using HS events, you can turn it off by using a timer or any other condition. The plugs fit all the way over the receptacle and they are a little difficult to pull out.
    Attached Files
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Not sure if a plug is suitable for you vs a receptacle, but this one looks interesting and would cover the lower plug. I have not used it but may be helpful to you:
      http://www.thesmartesthouse.com/coll...art-plug-zen06

cheers.

Comment

This little puppy looks cool... cheap too!

http://www.thesmartesthouse.com/coll...ini-plug-zen07
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
        X