Home Zee/HS3-Pi-3 on new raspberry pi board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Zee/HS3-Pi-3 on new raspberry pi board

Currently the HS3-Pi-3 software is on sale for 50% off and the z-stick is on sale for $34. Add that to a new Raspberry PI 3 B+ board and the total is $144. Or with a already owned Pi 3 model B - $109.

What am I giving up? I am technical enough to get the OS installed and I am assuming that there are instructions provided to get the HS software installed. What drivers are provided with the software? Does the z-stick driver have to be purchased?

Thanks

Originally posted by jimbell View Post
    Currently the HS3-Pi-3 software is on sale for 50% off and the z-stick is on sale for $34. Add that to a new Raspberry PI 3 B+ board and the total is $144. Or with a already owned Pi 3 model B - $109.

What am I giving up? I am technical enough to get the OS installed and I am assuming that there are instructions provided to get the HS software installed. What drivers are provided with the software? Does the z-stick driver have to be purchased?

Thanks
    From what I'm aware z-wave is included. That's it though, all other drivers must be purchased to a max of 5 I believe (including z-wave in total). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I also have an interest in this as well for a remote box.

Comment

The HomeSeer HS3-Pi-3 Home Automation Software for the Raspberry Pi-3 is on sale for $ 74.98.

This only is software / OS and includes the license. The ZWave software plugin is included but not the ZWave hardware.

The RPi hardware Zee S2 is not on sale.

The current download for the software is RPi Jessie for up to the RPi 3 B

The OS Jessie will not work with the RPi 3 B +.

That said all you need is the HomeSeer directory such that you can DIY your own RPi Stretch OS with Mono and just copy over the Homeseer directory and utilize the license you purchased.

If you are in to Linux Hardware ...a Rock 64 with 2-4 GB of RAM will run circles around the RPi 3B + and optionally you can add an eMMC boot for it for a bit more money. It is the same size as an RPi. Here using a Pine64 2Gb computer running Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit. The Pine64 is larger than an RPi or Rock64.

I wrote to the Pine64/Rock64 founder about the RTC upgrade today as it's been in the books now since the beginning of the Rock64.
      Last edited by Pete; May 2, 2018, 07:45 AM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
      X