Need Help with Sonos Cleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help with Sonos Cleanup

I know there is a post somewhere that has this information but I can't seem to find it...

I have just reorganized all of my Sonos gear giving all players new names, taken some devices offline, changed which players are included in stereo pairs, etc. Now I need to get the plugin in sync with the new reality but I cannot find the step-by-step post (I'm sure I saw one once) for how to do that.

I went into the plugin configuration and deleted all devices (but did not touch them in the Homeseer device management page). I renamed the config and backup ini files and then restarted Homeseer thinking the old devices would be deleted and the new ones created. This did not happen so I am clearly missing some steps someplace. Can somebody point me to the post that has the exact steps to start fresh with the plugin? Do I need to be manually deleting old devices in the Homeseer device management page?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
    I know there is a post somewhere that has this information but I can't seem to find it...

I have just reorganized all of my Sonos gear giving all players new names, taken some devices offline, changed which players are included in stereo pairs, etc. Now I need to get the plugin in sync with the new reality but I cannot find the step-by-step post (I'm sure I saw one once) for how to do that.

I went into the plugin configuration and deleted all devices (but did not touch them in the Homeseer device management page). I renamed the config and backup ini files and then restarted Homeseer thinking the old devices would be deleted and the new ones created. This did not happen so I am clearly missing some steps someplace. Can somebody point me to the post that has the exact steps to start fresh with the plugin? Do I need to be manually deleting old devices in the Homeseer device management page?

Thanks in advance.
    Apart from deleting players permanently, the PI should have automatically tracked all your changes including name changes, pairing, grouping etc.

It didn't?

In case all is lost (which it may), STOP HS3, delete the Sonos.ini file, restart HS3.

Don't go using backing .ini files after your ran the PI without them, that is spilled milk. Backups only work if you restore both HS database and .ini file, which are all backup-ed at the same time by the HS3 backup function.

Hope this helps,

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      Apart from deleting players permanently, the PI should have automatically tracked all your changes including name changes, pairing, grouping etc.

It didn't?

In case all is lost (which it may), STOP HS3, delete the Sonos.ini file, restart HS3.

Don't go using backing .ini files after your ran the PI without them, that is spilled milk. Backups only work if you restore both HS database and .ini file, which are all backup-ed at the same time by the HS3 backup function.

Hope this helps,

Dirk
      Thanks, I think I've got it solved now.
      Last edited by upstatemike; May 14, 2018, 09:37 PM. Reason: resolved

Comment

Working...
      X