Associations Only Work For 5 Seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Associations Only Work For 5 Seconds

Really strange one that has wiped out my entire morning...

Had HS3 working fantastic with an old Aeotec Z-Stick on a temporary Pi. Couldn't be happier.

Now have my new Pi, a Z-Wave.ME UZB stick, and set everything up from scratch. All smooth.

Aeotec motion sensors working perfectly - live readings of movement and various other readouts.

Figaro switches, Fibaro dimmers, and Aeotec MultiSwitches do not report live readings. e.g. I can turn an Aeotec switch of a Fibaro light on and off, and the status does not change in HomeSeer.

HomeSeer can still control the device, it simply gets no readings.

Now here is the really weird thing.... if I remove the group 1 (lifeline) association and add it back, everything works perfectly... for 5 seconds. Any switching I do in that 5 seconds responds instantly. After around 5 seconds, things don't work again. Remove the association, put it back on, and I once again get 5 seconds worth.

After it stops working there are NO entries in the log for things being turned on and off, it's like the signal never happened. Have tried switching to the BETA Z-Wave plugin, no change.

The Z-Wave.ME UZB has the latest firmware, HS3 is fully up to date, everything looks fantastic... just that lifeline association only works for 5 seconds. Have wasted my entire morning trying to work this out and now at a point where hopefully someone has an obvious answer (other than turning on polling, would hate to flood my network with that when live changes were working fantastically until this morning).

So it appears to be the Z-Wave.ME UZB... I have added in the Z-Stick and any devices I add to that work a treat. Ugh

Comment

I used the Z-wave.Me stick on a Pi3 and this same problem caused me to waste a whole day, was just about ready to throw the towel in. Status would update for a few second then change to unknown, S2 would change status of S1 and S2, sometimes S2 wouldn't even show up.

When it gets the associations from the device mine were all wrong on every Fibaro device. Through trial and error I changed them to

Dimmer 2: Group1 EP1, Group2 EP2, Group4 No Endpoint.
      Dual Switch(old type): Group1 EP1, Group2 EP1.

Not sure if this is the fix to your problem but it fixed mine.

Comment

Interesting, I tried those exact combinations... group 1 no endpoint, group 1 with endpoint 1 and group 2 with endpoint 2, etc... but got the same result every time... false sense of success for a few seconds then nothing.

After many lost hours I had to give up and, sadly having unpaired my entire house and set up HomeSeer from scratch in anticipation of this migration, I had to set up everything from scratch which took the rest of my day. Whole solid day lost, and more importantly my daughter's bored out of their mind while I was madly doing this

Z-Wave.ME are saying this is a HomeSeer problem.

What do HomeSeer think?

Comment

Z-Wave.ME are still saying this is a HomeSeer problem.

Specifically that you're having a problem with "latest SiLabs SDK"?

Comment

I'll have to log a ticket as HomeSeer don't seem to be noticing this.

Z-Wave.ME still insist this is a HomeSeer issue, that HomeSeer isn't coping with the latest version of the Z-Wave APIs and ZDK.

So that got me thinking... in addition to the beta Z-Wave plugin (which I tried and also failed) there is also the Z-Wave S2 beta. Given that's supporting the latest security maybe that might be to the latest version of the standards.

So I just quickly whipped up a test box and repeated my tests with the Z-Wave.ME UZB:
            Standard Z-Wave - Associations only work for 5 seconds
            Beta Z-Wave - Associations only work for 5 seconds, plus second endpoint for dimmers, single switches, and double-switches MISSING
            Beta Z-Wave S2 - WORKS!!! In fact even with Fibaro's doing a secure inclusion, works a friggen treat! BUT same bug as above - this beta firmware is missing the second switch endpoint for dimmers, single switches, and double-switches.

I'll have to file a bug report regarding the second switch on all these devices being missing in the beta firmwares, as that's a total showstopper, but great to know not only does the UZB work properly but doing secure inclusions with the Fibaro's works nicely!

Comment

Very frustrating. I get the feeling fibaro is not big in the states so it's not high on the priority list, shame both our homes are full of them.

Comment

Working...
              X