This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't initialize Insteon plug-in on new PC

I moved to a new PC and loaded HS2, added the license info for the Insteon plug-in, enabled it and as expected I got the error;

"2/9/2014 1:19:29 PM - Error - Initializing interface: Insteon->Please visit the plugin configuration page, and enter a port (e.g. COM1) then restart HS."

Which I expected because I did not assign the Com port - Com 3 in this case from the device manager - but when I go to the Insteon Configuration page at the top I see;

** You do not have the I/O interface enabled in HomeSeer **
    Insteon functions are only available when the I/O interface is enabled.

** Unable to communicate with the Insteon powerline interface ***
    Please make sure the interface is configured correctly and restart the plug-in.

From what I see on the Interfaces page (see attached) it looks like it's enabled to me and I see no way of assigning Com 3 to the plug in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom
    Attached Files

can you click on the Insteon Configuration link on the page above?

then, if there isn't a place to enter the port, do the following

added the following line to the insteon.ini [config] section
    InterfacePort=COM3
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I can click on the Configuration link but I don't see any place to enter a Com port.

In the Homeseer configuration folder I don't see an inston.ini file (see attached).

Am I looking n the right place. I also did a search for that file name and the search came back empty.
      Attached Files

Comment

you should copy your insteon.ini from your old installation and put it into the config folder.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I copied the old insteon.ini to the new PC (HS2/Config) and things are the same.

What now?

Comment

Originally posted by tomsans View Post
            I copied the old insteon.ini to the new PC (HS2/Config) and things are the same.

What now?
            is the virtual serial port for the plm showing the windows device manager under ports?

is it still com3? if not, you need to update the interfaceport entry in the insteon.ini
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

The Com port in Device Manager is still Com3 (see attached)

The last line in the Insteon.ini is Com3 (see attached)

The log still shows unable to initialize (see attached)

And there is still no place in config that I can see to change the Com port and look the same as the earlier images I included.
              Attached Files

Comment

InterfacerPort=COM3 is not in the right place in the insteon.ini.

it needs in the [config] section of the file (usually at the top)
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ok, my error. Placing it in the [Config] section seems to have gotten it going.

A couple of questions;

Is it normal that I still don't see the Com port shown on the "Interfaces" section of "Setup"

Do you have any idea why I had to go through this? It usually sets up without any issues.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by tomsans View Post
                    Ok, my error. Placing it in the [Config] section seems to have gotten it going.

A couple of questions;

Is it normal that I still don't see the Com port shown on the "Interfaces" section of "Setup"

Do you have any idea why I had to go through this? It usually sets up without any issues.

Thanks for the help.
                    I moved the interface port entry from the setup/interface page to the plugin config page.

you should see it there.

i did this a while ago
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                    X