Delays with version 3.0.1.124

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
    I can confirm that the fix does not work on the ZW100A sensors. I have rescanned several of them since I installed 128, and they picked up arbitrary polling values that I had to clear out.
    I'm on 129 and I just rescanned my problem MultiSensor 6's and polling was off before and after the rescan.

Also I found after some optimization my sensors are now not direct. Maybe direct was just to much for it. Test later to see if the problem is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      A negative result may still be useful? I am not seeing any of these issues at all. Z-Wave is just as robust as ever. For the record the only battery powered device I have is a single door lock. I never had any happy times with battery powered Z-Wave devices so I sent them all to my HA graveyard box in a dusty corner of the basement. I'm saving up for a hydraulic press to send them all to crush land. Along with my Vera. I'll make a youtube video or something of that. It's going to be a liberating day! I can almost taste it.
      I too am down to a single battery door lock. So far I haven't noticed any delays, but I also haven't been stressing the network. Just watching the progress of this thread with interest.
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

It seems everyone is confirming my discoveries. The 12 hr battery poll on usb devices although I have set my own reporting schedules so I've now disabled polling manually on every device and child device, makes no difference.

Aeotec smart switch was clogging the log but only in debug mode, the commands did not not appear on the standard event log, disabling polling stopped this but made no difference to the delay.

All my routes are direct, no hops, all at the speed they should be. I've performed multiple rescans and optimisations again no difference.

I've studied the log in real time when triggering motion, all events occur within the same second motion is detected. The time in homeseer updates in 2 second intervals and it's hard to time it exactly as I walk into the motion zone but it is within a second the sensor lights up and the event log shows the time stamp of the events within a second accuracy I would say.

The weird thing for me is the bottom stairs motion sensor will always see me before the upstairs one as there is a slight offset wall (where the sensor is)before the stairs so when the upstairs light comes on before the bottom one it's baffling as the event log shows different. This only happens on occasion but shows me there is a clear delay issue with the downstairs sensor.

Thought I had it cracked yesterday...

Comment

All of my sensors are 1.07 firmware. Try the parameter 5 change to 2 and see if that does anything for you on those new sensors.

If you see a large lag between the time that you trip the sensor and the time the log reports it, and you definitely know that polling or routing are not the culprit, look for a rouge device. It doesn't take but one device chattering to screw up an otherwise good network!
          So I ran some logging and I find the sensor reports right away. But throws this error every time it trips and resets on both new sensors. "Set_New_Level (BASIC) Exception: Public member 'DeviceName' on type 'Util' not found."

Here is paste.

Jun-13 4:34:03 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level EXITING
          Jun-13 4:34:03 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level FINISHING(F) COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6
          Jun-13 4:34:03 PM Z-Wave Device: MultiSensor Master Bathroom Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: Motion Detected Unknown Location
          Jun-13 4:34:03 PM Z-Wave Setting device Home Security to value 8
          Jun-13 4:34:03 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level, Parent: MultiSensor Master Bathroom Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor, Child:MultiSensor Master Bathroom Home Security
          Jun-13 4:34:03 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real called for MultiSensor Master Bathroom Home Security, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6, EndPoint=0
          Jun-13 4:34:03 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is MultiSensor Master Bathroom Home Security
          Jun-13 4:34:03 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real: STARTING
          Jun-13 4:34:03 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 20 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 Frame(7)=5
          Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level EXITING
          Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level (BASIC) Exception: Public member 'DeviceName' on type 'Util' not found.
          Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave Error Set_New_Level (BASIC) Exception: Public member 'DeviceName' on type 'Util' not found.
          Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real_BASIC: BASIC-WAKE UP
          Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave Handling CLASS_BASIC for MultiSensor Master Bathroom Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor at Node 20, EndPoint=-1, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V2
          Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level, Parent: (Nothing), Child:MultiSensor Master Bathroom Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor
          Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real called for MultiSensor Master Bathroom Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V2, EndPoint=-1
          Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is MultiSensor Master Bathroom Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor
          Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real: STARTING
          Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 20 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V2 Frame(7)=1

EDIT:

Your perimeter #5 change to 2 worked like a charm and its now instant. So why did that fix it?
          1 = send Basic Set CC.
          2 = send Sensor Binary Report CC.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
            So I ran some logging and I find the sensor reports right away. But throws this error every time it trips and resets on both new sensors. "Set_New_Level (BASIC) Exception: Public member 'DeviceName' on type 'Util' not found."

Here is paste.

Jun-13 4:34:03 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level FINISHING(F) COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6
            Jun-13 4:34:03 PM Z-Wave Device: MultiSensor Master Bathroom Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: Motion Detected Unknown Location
            Jun-13 4:34:03 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level, Parent: MultiSensor Master Bathroom Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor, Child:MultiSensor Master Bathroom Home Security
            Jun-13 4:34:03 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real called for MultiSensor Master Bathroom Home Security, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6, EndPoint=0
            Jun-13 4:34:03 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is MultiSensor Master Bathroom Home Security
            Jun-13 4:34:03 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 20 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V6 Frame(7)=5
            Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level (BASIC) Exception: Public member 'DeviceName' on type 'Util' not found.
            Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave Error Set_New_Level (BASIC) Exception: Public member 'DeviceName' on type 'Util' not found.
            Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave Handling CLASS_BASIC for MultiSensor Master Bathroom Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor at Node 20, EndPoint=-1, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V2
            Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level, Parent: (Nothing), Child:MultiSensor Master Bathroom Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor
            Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real called for MultiSensor Master Bathroom Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V2, EndPoint=-1
            Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is MultiSensor Master Bathroom Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor
            Jun-13 4:34:02 PM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 20 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC_V2 Frame(7)=1

EDIT:

Your perimeter #5 change to 2 worked like a charm and its now instant. So why did that fix it?
            1 = send Basic Set CC.
            I wish I knew the answer to that. I stumbled across that when I noticed the long light on the sensor itself and realized it had to be attempting to send data so I went through the manual and decided to flip that parameter.

Here's the odd thing - my sensors ran with P5=1 for over a year and until I went to 116 I never saw that issue.

Comment

My Vera Plus met Mr. 12 Gauge when I moved to HS. It was glorious.

Video or it.didn't happen!

Lucky. ... person. I need a 12 ga.
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I wrote an event to flush the polling queues every hour from my networks to keep that from occuring.
                I would love to see that Event/script.
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I wish I knew the answer to that. I stumbled across that when I noticed the long light on the sensor itself and realized it had to be attempting to send data so I went through the manual and decided to flip that parameter.

Here's the odd thing - my sensors ran with P5=1 for over a year and until I went to 116 I never saw that issue.
                  I noticed that a few weeks ago with a Multisensor 6 which I had removed and re-included. It was taking a long time for HS to respond and the light was showing for longer than normal. I also found that changing parameter 5 from 1 to 2 cured the problem. The device had been working with P5=1 previous to the re-inclusion and I have 4 others that are still working fine with P5=1. I concluded that something must be set up differently during the inclusion process than in earlier Z_Wave versions. However as it was a few weeks ago I'm not sure what version of the plug-in I was running at the time.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                    I would love to see that Event/script.
                    Here it is. Pretty simple (it has to be, because I am the world's worst programmer) but it works:
                    Attached Files

Comment

The Util not found has existing for a while

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post

Here is paste.

EDIT:

1 = send Basic Set CC.
                      The Set_New_Level (BASIC) Exception: Public member 'DeviceName' on type 'Util' not found error has existed for many versions now. I had to go back to .87 to get things working again when I updated to a .114 about a month ago. See this post for my experience:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=188949

Makes be very reluctant to move up to the latest version again...

Comment

Originally posted by davlarso View Post
                        The Set_New_Level (BASIC) Exception: Public member 'DeviceName' on type 'Util' not found error has existed for many versions now. I had to go back to .87 to get things working again when I updated to a .114 about a month ago. See this post for my experience:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=188949

Makes be very reluctant to move up to the latest version again...
                        I saw that post yesterday when I did a search. I still don't know what it means, why it's happening and how to really fix it (besides the work around). Hopefully HomeSeer responds and gives us an understanding.

Comment

Here it is. Pretty simple (it has to be, because I am the world's worst programmer) but it works:
                          Thanks, I'll set up an event like that for my Everspring sensors and see if that helps!
                          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

It seems that just after I restart the Z-wave plugin, it is as fast as it should be. But after a few hours, the delays are getting longer and longer, and more and more noticable and annoying.

I now upgraded to .129 (why don't we have a change log yet?), and I just removed polls on all battery devices from Everspring.

We'll see how this turns out.

Comment

Okay, I take that back. It happens with my Fibaro sensors (motion, magnet and water) too:

Code:
                              jun-15 12:08:09	 	Z-Wave Warning	Z-NET #1: Device (Node 28) woke up, but queued command failed to be sent. Command=Poll Device
                              jun-15 12:08:09	 	Z-Wave	Wake-Up Util Proc for (Diverse Z-Wave Vannsensor kjellergang, Root) handling: Poll Device
                              jun-15 12:08:09	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 28 (Diverse Z-Wave Vannsensor kjellergang, Root)
                              jun-15 12:08:09	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 28
                              But sometimes it works:
                              Code:
                              jun-15 12:22:40	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 27(Diverse Z-Wave Vannsensor matbod, Root).
                              jun-15 12:22:40	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Device (Node 27) woke up and Poll Device for Diverse Z-Wave Vannsensor matbod, Temperature 2 was successfully sent.
                              jun-15 12:22:40	 	Z-Wave	Wake-Up Util Proc for (Diverse Z-Wave Vannsensor matbod, Root) handling: Poll Device
                              jun-15 12:22:40	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 27 (Diverse Z-Wave Vannsensor matbod, Root)
                              jun-15 12:22:40	 	Z-Wave	Z-NET #1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 27

Comment

Last night I updated my HS Core app to 318 (current on the website)... and was previously on 311. Last night was also the first time that I actually noticed a significant delay (after the update). I didn't even think to pull logs to see what was going on at the time since it was late, or take note of the time, so I will watch it closer to see if there is any correlation.

I am still getting delays showing up here and there on my test event, but in the past week, this is the first time I actually noticed the delay.

I am still on .128 of the plugin, and I too am curious what is up with 129 and what was changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X