Email faulted zone info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email faulted zone info

I have an email setup to let me know when the alarm is going off. Then I log into HS via my phone to see what happens.

Is there a way to include in the email which zone caused the alarm?

Thanks

-Tim
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

How are you triggering your e-mail? The plugin does have the following 2 script commands that could be used to load into an e-mail if you were using a script to generate the e-mail.

Code:
    CausedAlarmZones = hs.plugin("jvCaddx Plug-in").GetCausedAlarmZones(Partition)
    LastZone_String = hs.plugin("jvCaddx Plug-in").GetLastZoneFaulted
    You can also see more script commands if you click on the "Scripting Help" button in the "jvCaddx Security" page.

If that solution doesn't work for you, let me know and I will see what I can come up with.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thanks James.

I have not learned scripting yet. I'm using the event when partition 1 detects siren on, then action sends the email.

I don't have anything against scripting, just don't know how to do it yet.

-Tim
      -Tim

Way2 Call
      Elk M1 Gold
      UPB HAI switches
      HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

You can also use the standard e-mail action on an event to send you the strings associated to HS devices. The 2 devices I would recommend are the "Last Zone Faulted" and the "Currently Faulted Zones". In my system those are HS devices ")5" and ")6". If you put the following into the e-mail action text you will get the info you need. (Of course replace ")5" and ")6" with your HS devices. It is a bit "ugly" but it seems to work for most.

Code:
        Last faulted = $$Ds:)5
        Currently Faulted = $$Ds:)6
        Please note the lower case "s". An Upper case "S" will give you the status and not the device string. Try that out and if it doesn't work maybe I can create an easier approach this weekend.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

That should work great.

Thanks James!
          -Tim

Way2 Call
          Elk M1 Gold
          UPB HAI switches
          HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Don't mean to bug ya, I don't see a Currently Faulted device.

Also, while I have your attention ;-)

I thought you could send a message to display on the LCD keypad. Is that possible?

Thanks again
            -Tim

Way2 Call
            Elk M1 Gold
            UPB HAI switches
            HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

In the settings section of the "jvCaddx Security" page you will need to select the check box of "Keep Faults Device" and also select the number of faults you want to keep in the "HS Devices To keep Faults".

On the sending messages to the keypads you can do that in the same page under the keypad functions. You can also send them via a script. If you want to send a message based on an event, Let me know what you want to accomplish and I could write a quick script for you.
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I use an HS event associated with the jvcaddx zone to send an email. You can set conditions in HS such as the system is armed to send the email or not. No need for scripting.
                Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post
                  In the settings section of the "jvCaddx Security" page you will need to select the check box of "Keep Faults Device" and also select the number of faults you want to keep in the "HS Devices To keep Faults".
                  Got it. Thanks.

On the sending messages to the keypads you can do that in the same page under the keypad functions. You can also send them via a script. If you want to send a message based on an event, Let me know what you want to accomplish and I could write a quick script for you.
                  I was thinking of sending something like 'Today is trash day' every Wed to the keypad.
                  -Tim

Way2 Call
                  Elk M1 Gold
                  UPB HAI switches
                  HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Originally posted by ka7gzr View Post
                    I use an HS event associated with the jvcaddx zone to send an email. You can set conditions in HS such as the system is armed to send the email or not. No need for scripting.
                    Jim
                    Jim,

Are you writing an event for each zone status?

Thanks

-Tim
                    -Tim

Way2 Call
                    Elk M1 Gold
                    UPB HAI switches
                    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I will write you a quick example in the morning. I will also think about making it an action. It seems like a more user friendly approach.
                      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thanks James!

I appreciate your efforts.
                        -Tim

Way2 Call
                        Elk M1 Gold
                        UPB HAI switches
                        HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Keypad Messages Script

First thing you should know is that in order for the keypad message to work you would have to have assigned a keypad number to each keypad. This is a caddx limitation. The keypads will still work with the alarm but the messages sent to them will be ignored (I think).

The following is a script I used to send the daily temp to my keypad in the bedroom. Put it in your homeseer scripts directory. Try and and feel free modify it. If you run into trouble don't hesitate to ask.

To do your example you would simply put the following in a file with a suffix of .txt in your scripts directory. 192 is normally the first keypad number assigned for partition 1 and then they go up by 8 so the 2nd one would be 200.

Code:
                          Sub Main()
                           hs.plugin("jvCaddx Plug-in").KeypadCustomMessage 192, "Today is Trash Day" 
                          End Sub
                          Attached Files
                          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thanks James.

I'll try it after work today.

How would you clear the message, or set the lcd display back to normal?

-Tim
                            -Tim

Way2 Call
                            Elk M1 Gold
                            UPB HAI switches
                            HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

You would have to resend another message to replace the custom message.

The way the custom keypad messages work for my keypad is that they alternate every few seconds between the day/time and the custom message ans possibly some panel messages. If you don't have a custom message then it would just be the day/time and panel messages. I think you can also turn off the day/time messages if you like.

The keypads also have the ability to display a "temporary message" which takes over the keypads message for a period of time usually in seconds before it goes back to normal message display. As an example if you sense motion near the keypad you could send a "hello" message for 40 seconds. Let me know if you want a script to try that approach.
                              Last edited by jasv; January 5, 2010, 03:12 PM.
                              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                              X