Setting up sonos configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok did the test here are the results:

8/14/2011 8:00:00 PM Event Running script in background: Speak the Time.txt8/14/2011 8:00:01 PM SONOSCONTROLLER SpeakIn called for Device = 100, Text = The time is 8 o'clock in the evening., Wait=False, Host = 8/14/2011 8:00:01 PM TTS Speak: ():The time is 8 o'clock in the evening.8/14/2011 8:00:53 PM SONOSCONTROLLER BackUpIniFile file copied = C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Config\HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER_ini_Saved_8_14_2011_8_00_53_ PM.ini8/14/2011 8:00:53 PM SONOSCONTROLLER BuildButtonString: Found LinkgroupZoneSource = TTS8/14/2011 8:00:53 PM SONOSCONTROLLER BuildButtonValues: Found LinkgroupZoneSource = TTS8/14/2011 8:01:45 PM SONOSCONTROLLER DoRediscover called8/14/2011 8:01:45 PM SONOSCONTROLLER FindZonePlayers: Attempting to locate all connected ZonePlayers. This may take up to 9 seconds.8/14/2011 8:01:54 PM SONOSCONTROLLER FindZonePlayers - Discovery succeeded: 2 ZonePlayer(s) found.8/14/2011 8:01:54 PM SONOSCONTROLLER Zone Name = Living Room. Zone UDN = uuid:RINCON_000E5878B1F001400 Friendly Name = 192.168.1.6 - Sonos ZonePlayer8/14/2011 8:01:54 PM SONOSCONTROLLER FindZonePlayers found non Sonos device with UDN = uuid:00:14:d1:bc:fd:ba Friendly Name = HomeSeer(owner-5f6efebe5)8/14/2011 8:01:54 PM SONOSCONTROLLER FindZonePlayers - Discovery succeeded: 1 ZonePlayer(s) found.8/14/2011 8:01:54 PM SONOSCONTROLLER BuildHSSonosDevices: looking For Living Room in ZoneInfo8/14/2011 8:01:54 PM SONOSCONTROLLER CreateSonosControllers: found 3 Device Codes8/14/2011 8:01:54 PM SONOSCONTROLLER WriteSonosNamesToIniFile wrote new string Living Room;:;S38/14/2011 8:01:54 PM SONOSCONTROLLER SortZonePlayers called. ZoneCount = 38/14/2011 8:02:29 PM Event Event Trigger "Current condition weather"8/14/2011 8:02:29 PM SONOSCONTROLLER SpeakIn called for Device = 100, Text = Current weather conditions for Station1: Temperature is 86 degrees and Partly Sunny. Humidity is 58% (feels like 90 degrees ). Winds West Northwest at 6 miles per hour with wind gusts West Northwest at 17 miles per hour., Wait=False, Host = 8/14/2011 8:02:29 PM TTS Speak: ():Current weather conditions for Station1: Temperature is 86 degrees and Partly Sunny. Humidity is 58% (feels like 90 degrees ). Winds West Northwest at 6 miles per hour with wind gusts West Northwest at 17 miles per hour.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
      SONOSCONTROLLER SpeakIn called for Device = 100,
      The device ID used = 100. Go to your Sonos Config page, set the Speaker Device to 100 and click "Save". Then the Sonos plug-in will route the announcement through the Sonos system.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

go to the Sonosconfig page. At the bottom you have the table with all the linkgroup info (you called the linkgroup TTS have a source and destination player etc). In the table you see a column called "Speaker Device". For the row that you created write in the 'Speaker Device" column a zero (0) and save it. Any Speak event to device 0 (which is default) will now be routed to the TTS linkgroup.

Dirk
        Did what you said and got this, (no sound thru sonos):

8/14/2011 8:14:19 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Current condition weather"
        8/14/2011 8:14:19 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - SpeakIn called for Device = 100, Text = Current weather conditions for Station1: Temperature is 86 degrees and Sunny. Humidity is 58% (feels like 90 degrees ). Winds West Northwest at 6 miles per hour with wind gusts West Northwest at 17 miles per hour., Wait=False, Host =
        8/14/2011 8:14:19 PM - TTS - Speak: ():Current weather conditions for Station1: Temperature is 86 degrees and Sunny. Humidity is 58% (feels like 90 degrees ). Winds West Northwest at 6 miles per hour with wind gusts West Northwest at 17 miles per hour.
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The device ID used = 100. Go to your Sonos Config page, set the Speaker Device to 100 and click "Save". Then the Sonos plug-in will route the announcement through the Sonos system.

Dirk
          Cant add more then 2 digits... it will not let me enter 100
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

any more ideas?
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Cant add more then 2 digits... it will not let me enter 100
              Just emailed you a new SonosControllerConfig.aspx file (or attached here) that will allow you to enter 3 digits. Other quick workaround is to go the <HSRoot directory>\Config subdirectory. Open the HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.INI file and locate these lines and change it to

[TTSSpeakDevice]
              100=TTS

I will post this update together with the latest beta in a few days.

Dirk
              Attached Files

Comment

so you wnt me to exchange this file with the one that already exits?
                Hector
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

so you wnt me to exchange this file with the one that already exits?
                  yes

Comment

Its seems that it worked for the forecast and the recurring time event. ran alarm event and no joy.

8/14/2011 8:54:27 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - CheckTrigger called in DeviceTrigger for Zone - Living Room with Trigger = SONOSCONTROLLERSonos Player TriggerVolume Down
                    8/14/2011 8:54:27 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - Living Room : Rendering (LF Volume) = 100
                    8/14/2011 8:54:27 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - Living Room : Rendering (RF Volume) = 100
                    8/14/2011 8:54:27 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - Rendering Change callback - ZonePlayer Living Room: Var Name = LastChange Value = <Event xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/RCS/"><InstanceID val="0"><Mute channel="Master" val="0"/><Mute channel="LF" val="0"/><Mute channel="RF" val="0"/></InstanceID></Event>
                    8/14/2011 8:54:27 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - Living Room : Rendering (Mute Master Volume) = 0
                    8/14/2011 8:54:27 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - Living Room : Rendering (Mute LF Volume) = 0
                    8/14/2011 8:54:27 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - Living Room : Rendering (Mute RF Volume) = 0
                    8/14/2011 8:55:25 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Alarm Stay"
                    8/14/2011 8:55:25 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = Arm stay is activated., Wait=False, Host =
                    8/14/2011 8:55:25 PM - TTS - Speak: ():Arm stay is activated.
                    8/14/2011 8:56:00 PM - Event - Event Trigger "Disarm alarm"
                    8/14/2011 8:56:00 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = Alarm deactivated, Wait=False, Host =
                    8/14/2011 8:56:00 PM - TTS - Speak: ():Alarm deactivated
                    8/14/2011 8:56:08 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - DoCheckChange Called
                    Hector
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Its seems that it worked for the forecast and the recurring time event. ran alarm event and no joy.

8/14/2011 8:56:00 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = Alarm deactivated, Wait=False, Host =
                      Alarm events seem to be using device ID = 0, See if you can change that to 100. Alternatively, create a second linkgroup (go to the Sonos config page and click on "Add Linkgroup", call it TTS1, set source and destination zone to "Living Room", set Volume to "75" and "Speaker Device" to 0 and don't forget to "save".

Dirk

Comment

update, I added the $sono$tts$ to the alarm event and it worked. one thing that I notice is the volume is a little distorted, does the volume of the sound card of pc have something to do about it?
                        Hector
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

update, I added the $sono$tts$ to the alarm event and it worked. one thing that I notice is the volume is a little distorted, does the volume of the sound card of pc have something to do about it?
                          If you set it too loud it would be distorted. What Sonos player did you buy? Is it with or without an amplifier? If a ZP80/90 then you should increase the volume on the amplifier and decrease the volume setting from "75" on down. Other sources of distortion are the speaker client which is not really good in XP, better in Vista/Win7 but still not very good. I bought some voices from a 3rd party which seems to make it a bit better. Last source of distortion could be your PC or you network between PC and player. The plug-in calls the speaker client to convert the text to a .wav file. Then the plug-in tells the sonos player where the file is stored on your PC and tells the Sonos player to play it. If your PC is busy and not providing the file content properly, the speech will be distorted. If you have BW problems between your PC and the player, you will have distorted speech. Are you running your player wireless or wired? If wireless, make sure the player isn't too far from your wireless access point. Can you properly play other music on that particular Sonos player?

Dirk

Comment

If you set it too loud it would be distorted. What Sonos player did you buy? Is it with or without an amplifier? If a ZP80/90 then you should increase the volume on the amplifier and decrease the volume setting from "75" on down. Other sources of distortion are the speaker client which is not really good in XP, better in Vista/Win7 but still not very good. I bought some voices from a 3rd party which seems to make it a bit better. Last source of distortion could be your PC or you network between PC and player. The plug-in calls the speaker client to convert the text to a .wav file. Then the plug-in tells the sonos player where the file is stored on your PC and tells the Sonos player to play it. If your PC is busy and not providing the file content properly, the speech will be distorted. If you have BW problems between your PC and the player, you will have distorted speech. Are you running your player wireless or wired? If wireless, make sure the player isn't too far from your wireless access point. Can you properly play other music on that particular Sonos player?

Dirk
                            I bougth a bridge and S3 player, seems to me that the speaker is to high, I will try to adjust it. So you adjust from the player itself? so from now on I just add the $sono$TTS$ to any event that I make that speak?

Would be a good idea to have a sonos action for future build dont you think..
                            Hector
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

IN the status page there a left speaker and rigth speaker setting, I tried adjusting it with the buttons on staus page but it seems that the left speaker only responds to the button,is there another way to adjust speakers?
                              Hector
                              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I bougth a bridge and S3 player, seems to me that the speaker is to high, I will try to adjust it.
                                If you go to the sub-directory <hsroot>\html\SonosController\Announcements, there you can find the announcement. You can play it on your PC, if it sound crap, that means that the speaker client doesn't have enough PC horsepower, or the voice sucks. If it sounds good on the PC but not through the Sonos system then you either overdrive the Sonos player or you have a BW/Network/CPU power problem.

so from now on I just add the $sono$TTS$ to any event that I make that speak?
                                For Events that use "speak" action, that would be correct. For any other scripts or other plug-ins that generate speech, you may need to use the "Speaker Device" mechanism. As you can see from your own logs, if you turn the debug flag on, then you can see the Device ID.

Would be a good idea to have a sonos action for future build dont you think..
                                Not sure what you think is missing? The plug-in provides a way to create a specific device name or device ID and these are the only 2 ways HomeSeer works (that I'm aware off). In fact HS documentation states there should be no DeviceID >= 100 but I guess plug-in designers can make it anything they want, I don't think HS actually does something with the Device ID. The next published Beta will have an updated .aspx file included so users of this plug-in can configure Device ID >= 100.

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X