Sonos Plugin Memory Leak ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
    What do you mean by a sonos being offline? Including controllers, etc or just players? Wouldn't you see that in the log?
    Only about players and your log shows all of them are on-line, hence my believe that it wouldn't be the pinging. if we can't figure it out, I can always email you in private a test build with rediscoveries and pinging turned off.

Dirk

Comment

Let me try monitoring each minute for awhile,

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

I recorded handles each minute, on the minute, for 30 minutes:

HS log for same time: http://www.tenholder.net/temp/HLog.txt

Just about nothing else was running under HS at the time. All plugins disabled, all recurring events disabled. All remote accessors stopped.

Thanks,

Ed t.
        Last edited by tenholde; January 28, 2012, 06:14 PM.
        tenholde

Comment

I corrected the URL to the log file in the prior post,

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Does anything in this equation use GetURLIE? I seem to recall that GetURLIE specifically had an issue with a particular resource that wasn't memory. I don't remember if it was handles or if it was some type of object, maybe user objects or GDI objects...

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper View Post
              Does anything in this equation use GetURLIE? I seem to recall that GetURLIE specifically had an issue with a particular resource that wasn't memory. I don't remember if it was handles or if it was some type of object, maybe user objects or GDI objects...

Chris
              Thanks for the suggestion Chris. We took the discussion off-line, it really has something to do with the rediscovery procedure that runs every 5 minutes. What I can't figure out is why it doesn't affect my PC (and I assume all other users). I'll be posting a new beta where the discovery can be turned off via a .ini config file setting so Ed's server won't crash anymore.

Dirk

Comment

After significant testing and help from author, we think we have narrowed down the memory/handle leak to a upnp call to discover devices on the network that is executed on a recurring basis. The handles are released on WIN7, but are not being released when run under Vista (tried several installs).

If you are experiencing HS freeezing every nn days, and you are running this plugin, and you are using Vista, you should monitor your handle usage via Task Manager to see if they are increasing over several days.

Let us know your experiences!

tenholde
                tenholde

Comment

A new Beta for this was posted

Changes to v1.0.0.81:

• When you use the basic music browser template in HS Touch, when you deploy and navigate to "Playlist" you will now see your playlist. Change in behavior is that clicking a track will now start playing from that track and continue on. This should be in line with how the Windows Media and iTunes plugin work
                  • Added a button to manually trigger a rediscovery of zone players. There is now an option in the config settings, to turn the automatic discovery off
                  • Added a few options in the .ini file so you can customize the AnnouncementTitle, Album and Author
                  • Made some minor optimizations around trigger events during announcements.
                  • Thought I had solved this but maybe now I have finally solved this pesky "Generic error occurred in GDI+" when retrieving Albumartwork

Comment

Working...
                  X