TTS missing first part of text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
    Hi Dirk, still trying different things to resolve this. Next week I will just stream to one zoneplayer and see if that gives the same issues. In the meantime I have his error shown in the error log

Cheers

Steve
    What does the event "work day" trying to do? This event might be corrupt somehow.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk

"work day" screenshot attatched

Cheers

Steve
      Attached Files
      Steve

Comment

Dirk

"work day" screenshot attatched

Cheers

Steve
        The Master Bedroom is set to the audio input of Bathroom, is that what you want or you want the MBR player to be linked to what the Bathroom player is playing? If the Bathroom player has nothing connected to its audio input (no physical cable), that might cause the error.

Dirk

Comment

Thanks Dirk

Yes, you are correct I want the Master bedroom player linked to the bathroom player. I must of made a mistake in the settings somewhere.

Spot on as usual as it seemed to start showing the error when I added the master bedroom player to equation.

Just for your info I have submitted a diagonstics to Sonos just to see if it shows up any errors on Zp etc. It just seems to be still an issue on reading scripts.
          Will keep you posted

Just to confirm Dirk. I thought that this was how you told which zp how to link with another zp. Am I not correct ?

Thanks again for your valued support

Steve
          Last edited by Stevieboy; June 23, 2012, 01:14 PM. Reason: Sentance added
          Steve

Comment

Just to confirm Dirk. I thought that this was how you told which zp how to link with another zp. Am I not correct ?

... my bad ....

I coded this a while back and now realize how confusing the information reads. It is indeed linking the player, not the line input .... so this means that the player refuses to do this, or I have a bug in my plugin, or something changed in one of the latest Sonos SW updates.

I'll test it this afternoon but in the mean time, is there anything special about either the Master Bedroom or Bathroom player? Are they perhaps already grouped or paired?

Dirk

Comment

Thanks Dirk

Nothing special about players, I just have a lot of events where Radio is streamed around the house so wanted to make sure that all "unwanted" players are unlinked before "work day" event runs first thing in the morning.

Master bedroom and bathroom players are not linked prior to "work day" event running.

Steve
              Steve

Comment

Steve,

can you delete this action and recreate it?
                Just tried it and don't see any issue on my system. If the error persist, try to link with another player and see if that has the same result.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk

I deleted event and tried it. It ran only once but now have same error again. I tried with another linking another zoneplayer but still the same. I also tried re building data base again but still the same. Is it going to be a case of deleting ini file again ?
                  Quite happy to do so if you think thatb will resolve the issue.

TTS anoucemment seem to still work ok on various players if that helps.

Radio stations play fine when accessed from sonos controller.

Steve
                  Steve

Comment

I deleted event and tried it. It ran only once but now have same error again. I tried with another linking another zoneplayer but still the same. I also tried re building data base again but still the same. Is it going to be a case of deleting ini file again ?
                    Steve, if you say I tried rebuilding the data base, which DB are we talking about? The HS DB? If so, how do you rebuild that DB?

I did some experimenting here, the only way I can get a similar error is when I use an invalid UDN. A Unique Device Name (UDN) is like a MAC address on a PC and it is supposedly unique in the whole world. The UDN RINCON_000E581459AC01400 should be the right one from the Bathroom, at least when I look at the .ini file you sent me a while back, unless you switched players.

If you deleted or used some backup on your HS DB then we should focus on that and perhaps do the whole dance again of deleting the .ini file, deleting all the HS devices the Sonos plugin created, delete all the events that use Sonos plugin, restart HS and start all over. Else, turn debug flag on, capture the log and also email me your .ini file. Last time when you deleted the .ini file, did you delete the Sonos devices from HS?

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk

When I say I re built DB I meant the master upnp one, just clutching at straws I suppose. Mt thought process was that it had "lost" the radio stations.

I can confirm that I did delete Sonos devices from HS
                      I only have a couple of event using sonos events so will happily delete and start again.

So just to confirm.

1 Delete ini.file for the Sonos plugin
                      2 delete all sonos units created by the plugin.
                      3 shut down HS and then restart

If this fails to work then I will turn on debug and e mail you the file.

Steve
                      Steve

Comment

Hi Dirk

When I say I re built DB I meant the master upnp one, just clutching at straws I suppose. Mt thought process was that it had "lost" the radio stations.

I can confirm that I did delete Sonos devices from HS
                        I only have a couple of event using sonos events so will happily delete and start again.

So just to confirm.

1 Delete ini.file for the Sonos plugin
                        2 delete all sonos units created by the plugin.
                        3 shut down HS and then restart

If this fails to work then I will turn on debug and e mail you the file.

Steve
                        You sequence is correct but if that's what you did a week or so ago, perhaps do the debug and email .ini file before you delete everything for no good reason.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk

Just to keep you up to date, I thought I had better start at the begining here. I submitted a diogonstics to Sonos and the report came back that I have a "dodgy" connection between the Summer house and the kitchen player ( Apparantley it keeps dropping connection !!!!). I will resolve this and let you know in due course. This possibly may explain some of the problem ???

I have since deleted Ini file (sorry deleted before I read your reply)and re installed, all appears to be ok (no errors in log so far)

Cheers
                          Steve

Comment

Hi Dirk

Just to keep you up to date, I thought I had better start at the begining here. I submitted a diogonstics to Sonos and the report came back that I have a "dodgy" connection between the Summer house and the kitchen player ( Apparantley it keeps dropping connection !!!!). I will resolve this and let you know in due course. This possibly may explain some of the problem ???

I have since deleted Ini file (sorry deleted before I read your reply)and re installed, all appears to be ok (no errors in log so far)

Cheers
                            Great!

Comment

Hi Dirk

Shed any light on this One that started appearing ?
                              Attached Files
                              Steve

Comment

Hi Dirk

Shed any light on this One that started appearing ?
                                Do you ever play internet radio stations like Pandora, LastFm ....?

If not, the radiostationDB won't exist and I think this error is only shown when you turn debug on, else I should remove it because it is totally benign.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X