Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run and schedule events are delayed by minutes

hi
    for some reason, lately almost all my schedule events have been delayed by minutes.
    the CPU and memory usage on the server that runs HS3 are very very low (this is a very powerful pc that is only running HS.

i have noticed these delay usually when my "back home" events should run in order: opening shades, starting lights (depend on time of day), switching off security cameras and turning on XBMC with the 80's channel.

but now i come home, the media center will turn on but nothing else... i will wait 5 minutes or so and then everything starts.

i tried to run the events manually and it still doesnt run. then after a few minutes they will start to run (and by that time i tried running manually a few events and they all start at the same time)

any ideas?
    what am i missing?
    is there a real time log that will tell me the errors? because in the Hs Log i can see the event is being run (by pressing run)

You may want to monitor cpu usage. Some people have noted in several threads that cpu usage goes through the roof at times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks buddy
      but as i said i checked and the cpu is very very low

Comment

Could it be your system clock is drifting?
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Hi.
          Tried to move the hs to another machine. Same issues.
          What can cause this internally inside HS?

Comment

There may be a hardware link of some sort (serial port? sound card?) that is hanging and needs to time out. You could try disabling each event action in turn to see if the delay is tied to one of them.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

There's no way for folks to really troubleshoot this with the limited information you've given. This would help a lot:

List your version of HS3:
              List each plug-in you've installed with the version:
              Expand the event that's running oddly and include a screen shot of that
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Run and schedule events are delayed by minutes

Not contradicting what Mark is saying is needed by this comment.

I tried disabling all but zwave plugins and it still happened. I wound up deleting everything and starting over. I did that many times. But there may be more than one cause of similar symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X