Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request - intellichlor/intellichem

Spud

Is it possible for the plugin to show salt level, pH, OPR and SI?

I could really use these fields in creating alerts in HS3.

Additionally, setting pool and spa chlorination levels and setting and starting superchlorination would be nice but in my case the salt generator is controlled by the intellichem, so not critical. Others might like to have it.

Thanks....

Tom
    Attached Files

what type of controller do you have?
    could you copy/paste the following url in a browser from your local network, and post the resulting xml:

http://poolcontrol/chem.xml

Comment

I have an EasyTouch. Here's the xml:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
      <response>
      <chlor>
      <chloren>1</chloren>
      <poolsp>80</poolsp>
      <spasp>4</spasp>
      <salt>78</salt>
      <super>0</super>
      <chlorerr>0</chlorerr>
      <chlorname>Intellichlor--40</chlorname>
      </chlor>
      <ichem>
      2,178,2,173,2,248,2,188,0,0,0,52,0,0,0,12,0,148,0,26,7,7,157 ,0,125,0,51,0,70,78,0,90,0,0,101,0,60,1,1,0,0
      </ichem>
      </response>

Comment

If it's not too late to add on another item....

I just noticed that the Autelis reports calcium hardness, cyanuric acid and total alkalinity as well as the calculated SI. Could I ask for those to show up in the plugin as well?

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Comment

Any further thoughts on this, spud?

Tom

Comment

I can add salt level, pool/spa chlorination setpoint, chlorinator enabled/disabled, and Super chlorination hours remaining.

However I can't add other values like pH, ORP, etc... because the <ichem> filed is not documented. The specs say: "under development, format may change"

Comment

Ok thanks. Of those, the salt level is all that would be useful to me. Thanks for looking into that.

Tom

Comment

Hey Spud

Just wondering if you know if Autelis has made any effort to document the <ichem> file yet? Still would like to be able to see this data through the plugin.

Thanks....

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by lakemirror View Post
                  Hey Spud

Just wondering if you know if Autelis has made any effort to document the <ichem> file yet? Still would like to be able to see this data through the plugin.

Thanks....

Tom
                  I just sent them an email, I will let you know.

Comment

FYI, it's in the works, I have the new chemistry devices (pH, ORP, SI, etc...) implemented, I'm just waiting they tell me how I can change the chlorination setpoints from the API before I release the new version of the plugin.

Comment

Tom,

What setup do you have?
                      Easy touch connected to a Pentair intellichem and a pentair intellichlor?

I have been very interested in reading pH values but the $850 cost for an Intellichem is the negative part for me.

I have a non salt, non chlorine pool (its ecosmart) and I only need to check pH and Water hardness.

I also have a suntouch connected to an Autelis device to capture temps (air and water) and some day I will setup my variable pump.

Thanks
                      Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by clafa View Post
                        Tom,

What setup do you have?
                        Easy touch connected to a Pentair intellichem and a pentair intellichlor?

I have been very interested in reading pH values but the $850 cost for an Intellichem is the negative part for me.

I have a non salt, non chlorine pool (its ecosmart) and I only need to check pH and Water hardness.

I also have a suntouch connected to an Autelis device to capture temps (air and water) and some day I will setup my variable pump.

Thanks
                        Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Yes, that's my setup. I have the Autelis wired into the Easy Touch controller and my LAN. So far the intellichem has worked flawlessly (after some tweaking with setup) and keeps my pool within the pH range it's set for.

Are you saying you'd use the intellichem just to monitor pH?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                          FYI, it's in the works, I have the new chemistry devices (pH, ORP, SI, etc...) implemented, I'm just waiting they tell me how I can change the chlorination setpoints from the API before I release the new version of the plugin.
                          Spud, that's great news. Looking forward to seeing it!

Tom

Comment

Its a thought

Tom,

Yes Its a thought but for only measuring, again $800 is an overkill. I may go the Arduino route for around $200.

Let me know how yours end up working..you never know I may find a used intellichem at some point.

thanks
                            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by clafa View Post
                              Tom,

Yes Its a thought but for only measuring, again $800 is an overkill. I may go the Arduino route for around $200.

Let me know how yours end up working..you never know I may find a used intellichem at some point.

thanks
                              Chris
                              If you're asking how the intellichem works, so far so good. Installed with new pool in July so 6 months now. It injects the acid upstream from the salt chlorine generator so the cell gets an automatic de-scaling. I'm happy with it.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X