Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GU10 coloured bulbs

Hi - looking for suggestions.
    I have a new patio and the lights set into the surface take GU10 bulbs. I would like to put in bulbs that I can control the colour from HS.
    I'm open to looking at a new bridge/interface if needed.
    Thanks

Ian,

Philips Hue has nice GU10 color bulbs. It depends a but on the enclosures you are using if they fit or are a bit large, you will have to check on that.
    My plugin can help you with controling those - check the JowiHue plugin for that. It has choices on controlling these with the standard Philips Hue bridge or a RaspBee or ConBee gateway which give you more brand flexibility.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Ian,

Philips Hue has nice GU10 color bulbs. It depends a but on the enclosures you are using if they fit or are a bit large, you will have to check on that.
      My plugin can help you with controling those - check the JowiHue plugin for that. It has choices on controlling these with the standard Philips Hue bridge or a RaspBee or ConBee gateway which give you more brand flexibility.

Wim
      Thank you for replying. Do you know if your plugin will work the new Amazon Echo which includes a Hue interface?

Comment

Yeelight also do a GU10 bulb, I am going to write a plugin for it at some point but they are direct WiFi so you don't have to buy a hub or anything.

To echo Wim's advice, be very careful on the size of them - I've had no end of disappointing times with dimmable GU10 bulbs (a couple of years ago mind you) that are bigger than they claim on the box and don't fit certain fittings (I had them in my shower GU10 downlights and in the end I modified the fitting rather than have another wasted trip to a DIY store).

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
          Thank you for replying. Do you know if your plugin will work the new Amazon Echo which includes a Hue interface?
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks - I'll 'watch this space'.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
              Yeelight also do a GU10 bulb, I am going to write a plugin for it at some point but they are direct WiFi so you don't have to buy a hub or anything.
              I would be very keen to get my hands on a Yeelight plugin for homeseer! They are amazingly priced, work really well with then amazon echo skill and homeseer integration would be the icing on the cake!!

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixUK View Post
                I would be very keen to get my hands on a Yeelight plugin for homeseer! They are amazingly priced, work really well with then amazon echo skill and homeseer integration would be the icing on the cake!!
                I'm doing my best however they have made some curious design choices such as SSDP on a custom port and using non standard commands which make life that little bit harder. I don't imagine it is that complex to do when I have figured that bit out and I will drop you a PM if that's OK and I get something working.

Comment

Working...
                X