Use Hue Tap as an event trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Hue Tap as an event trigger

I would like use my hue taps to trigger events in HS3. Obviously I can use them just fine to control Hue lights, but it would be really handy if I could say 'turn of the down lights' in my bedroom when I turn off the hue lamp I have by pressing the big old unmissable hue tap button.

Should I put in a feature request or is there a way to do this I don't know about?

This is very possible. I have described one (of many) ways to achieve this in the documentation. If you go to the help page of HS3, you wil find a link opening the documentation for you, or go to the docs subdirectory of your HS installation. You will find the JowiHue.pdf there that can help you.

You'll find information on taps in the remotes chapter of the pdf (page 34)

If this doesn't help you out yet, just let me know

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      This is very possible. I have described one (of many) ways to achieve this in the documentation. If you go to the help page of HS3, you wil find a link opening the documentation for you, or go to the docs subdirectory of your HS installation. You will find the JowiHue.pdf there that can help you.

You'll find information on taps in the remotes chapter of the pdf (page 34)

If this doesn't help you out yet, just let me know

Wim
      Hi Mate, thanks for the prompt response. Yeah, I'm kinda tired and I'm not a coder but if read that right all the config is done in the ini file and the code I don't have to play with right?

I must say though, I was expecting a much more GUI orientated solution after I paid for the plugin. I didn't check so that's my bad, I was just impressed with the control of the lights I was expecting it to be more complete in other areas.

Comment

With the sample you should not need to change the script, only the config. But maybe this sample is doing more then you wanted indeed, it is enabling a different response per press, so you could have a sort of on with the first press and an off for the second press.

But if you need a gui controlled method, why not create an event in Homeseer like the image I posted here? Very straight and simple sample, it shows you that if I press the tap button 1, the Roomba will start its daily job?

Be sure to check the creativity page for scenes and animation and the maintenance page. You'll find you can do a lot with this plugin that makes value for your money

Wim
        Attached Files
        Last edited by w.vuyk; November 10, 2017, 05:43 PM.
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Can you please expand the trigger there? Is that from the config file?

Comment

This is not from the sample in the documentation, when you have a tap, the plugin creates a device - I renamed the device to "Wim's tapje".
            So this is a standard event in HomeSeer now which can control anything else in HomeSeer.

Here is the expanded version, so you can see it is all device control.

Thanks,

Wim
            Attached Files
            -- Wim

Comment

Working...
            X