Aeon power meters.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon power meters.....

Is is reporting my washer is pulling 33685.504 watts..... rollover software bug?
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Are you talking about the Smart Energy Switch?
    Attached Files
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Yes...

Yes- sorry for the vagueness. That is the one.

My washing machine is on there-- and not running. My log shows.....

8/2/2011 12:48:39 PM Device Update Device: Basement Washing Machine Electric Meter kW Hours value set to 7400 (74 kW Hours)
      8/2/2011 12:50:19 PM Device Update Device: Basement Washing Machine Power value set to 268435.456 (26843546/W)
      8/2/2011 12:50:29 PM Device Update Device: Basement Washing Machine Power value set to 0 (0/W)

I am pretty sure my washing machine is not using 27 megawatts of trickle change. My TED doesn't indiciate that to be the case-- although, it doesn't go that high. :-)

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Yikes - that is very strange. I have 2 of these installed on TVs (and 2 more on the way). I havent seen any tall spikes like that. I might try one out on my washer and let you know what it says.

Comment

My washer is not even on at this time. That is the scary part... It is a mechanical start mechanism-- I imagine the load is always zero.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

I finally hooked one up to my washer and here's what I have in my logs:
            Attached Files

Comment

I am using several Aeon AEDSB09104ZWUS Smart Energy Monitors. They work great! One of the best Z-wave buys out there; $20 EACH!

Below is a graph of my Values for my main power feeds (A+B) compared with my daily power usage provided by my power company. I have a smart power meter and I can get the results from the power company's web site. As you can see, the agreement is excellent!!! However the values from the Aeon monitor are 55% lower than the power company.

I have explored this issue many times and I have not uncovered any possible explanation. Does anyone have any ideas/experience in this area?

Steve Q
              Attached Files
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Hello.
                I know that's an older topic.

I believe the first gen Aeon power meters only "guesses"
                The wattage.
                For power you neeed volts and amps

So if your voltage is different from what the meter expects then your calculation will be off.

The second generation I believe is hooked up to the ciruit and "knows" the voltage and therefore the calculated wattage is way more precise.

I don't have first generation device hooked up, is there a setting somewhere for the voltage?
                Best would be to actually measure the voltage on the circuit breakers. Keep in mind that the voltage will change depending on your feed and load at any given time.

Comment

My current sensors are attached to the main power feeds from the power company. Nominal voltage is 115-120VAC. It does not change much.

I suspect these version 1 devices are simply calibrated wrong. There is no way that I know to recalibrate them. Maybe they are intended to be used in Europe on 220V wiring?

This is not a big issue for me. I can simply apply a correction factor if I need an accurate measurement. But I am mostly looking at trends and changes during the day.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                  2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Working...
                  X