Plugin to monitor Z-Wave battery device Health - CLOSED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thickman View Post
    So far nothing for Node 2, should it have fired once Node 2 updated?
    It should have

I'll send you a PM and try and pin this down if you are happy to persevere.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
      It should have

I'll send you a PM and try and pin this down if you are happy to persevere.

Steve
      Just checked when I woke up this morning and it's there!! Looks like your patch worked great, I didn't set the flag to force to 'root' so it picked it up as 'standalone'. Thanks again.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thickman View Post
        Just checked when I woke up this morning and it's there!! Looks like your patch worked great, I didn't set the flag to force to 'root' so it picked it up as 'standalone'. Thanks again.
        That's good news. Let me know if you encounter any other issues.
        Steve

Comment

That's good news. Let me know if you encounter any other issues.
          Steve
          Installed the updated plug-in this morning, and it appears to be working now. I am seeing once odd issue so far. The plug-in misidentified a powered device as as one to be monitored. My network consists of four separate home IDs on four separate Z-Nets, and this device is node 4 on one home ID. There are battery devices on node 4 on two other home IDs, and it appears that the data came from one of these instead. I am wondering if the fact that I have 4 distinct node 4 devices is confusing the plug-in.

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
            Installed the updated plug-in this morning, and it appears to be working now. I am seeing once odd issue so far. The plug-in misidentified a powered device as as one to be monitored. My network consists of four separate home IDs on four separate Z-Nets, and this device is node 4 on one home ID. There are battery devices on node 4 on two other home IDs, and it appears that the data came from one of these instead. I am wondering if the fact that I have 4 distinct node 4 devices is confusing the plug-in.
            Yes, that will certainly confuse it. Only having one interface myself I hadn't considered that there would be more than one device with the same node number. Pretty obvious now! I will need to give some thought to how I can identify which device is which. My Wake-Up log messages start with:
            UZB1:
            which is the Interface Name (not the Network Friendly Name). I notice the entries you posted started with:
            Home_North*:
            Is that different for each of your Z-Nets?

Steve

Comment

Steve,
              The latest build now has devices showing up for me as well. Thank You.

Comment

Yes, that will certainly confuse it. Only having one interface myself I hadn't considered that there would be more than one device with the same node number. Pretty obvious now! I will need to give some thought to how I can identify which device is which. My Wake-Up log messages start with:
                UZB1:
                which is the Interface Name (not the Network Friendly Name). I notice the entries you posted started with:
                Home_North*:
                Is that different for each of your Z-Nets?

Steve
                Yes - mine are Home_North, Home_South, Basement and Garage.

Comment

There is a new parameter added called MissedWakeFactor. This is zero by default in which case the plugin behaves as previously with the device reported as 'Missed Wakeup' when the time since last wakeup exceeds the 'Last Sleep Period' by the value of the OverRun parameter.
                  Setting this to greater than 0 adds that many 'Last Sleep Periods' to the time elapsed before reported as 'Missed Wakeup'. For example if you have devices that tend to miss sending the odd wakeup alert then setting this factor to 1 would allow one missed wakeup plus the 'OverRun' time to elapse before reporting.
                  If you use a factor greater than 0 then you would tend to combine that with a relatively short OverRun value.

I welcome any comments.

Steve
                  Thanks for adding this Steve. This is working well for me. I set most of my devices with a wake-up time of around 4 hours and the MissedWakeFactor of 2 so should get notified after about 12 hours of a failure.

Cheers
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yes - mine are Home_North, Home_South, Basement and Garage.
                    In 'PLUG-INS>Z-Wave>Controller Management' under 'Z-Wave Networks and Options' are these the 'Network Friendly Names' or the 'Interface Names'?

It's going to take me some work to build in the capability of monitoring multiple networks as it's particularly difficult to debug on my single network. I will see what I can do when I have some time.

By the way, looking back through my code I did build in a check on duplicate node numbers which is why the plugin doesn't completely fall down. You should find some errors in your log shortly after the plugin starts, when it is building a database of node numbers and device references, something like:
                    SDJ-Health Error - Duplicate node number, node 4
                    What then happens is that the plugin ignores the duplicates so any wakeups with that node number are attributed to the first device it found.

Steve

Comment

In 'PLUG-INS>Z-Wave>Controller Management' under 'Z-Wave Networks and Options' are these the 'Network Friendly Names' or the 'Interface Names'?

It's going to take me some work to build in the capability of monitoring multiple networks as it's particularly difficult to debug on my single network. I will see what I can do when I have some time.

By the way, looking back through my code I did build in a check on duplicate node numbers which is why the plugin doesn't completely fall down. You should find some errors in your log shortly after the plugin starts, when it is building a database of node numbers and device references, something like:
                      SDJ-Health Error - Duplicate node number, node 4
                      What then happens is that the plugin ignores the duplicates so any wakeups with that node number are attributed to the first device it found.

Steve
                      Those are the interface names.

Comment

Those are the interface names.
                        OK, Thanks. I will give it some thought.

Steve

Comment

not picking up Ecolink

Steve,

I have 6 of the Econet vents in my house. They all show up grouped with the master, with relationship status "parent root", and the actual vent as "child".

I had to modify the actual device to look like a dimming device in order to get control over these. (not sure if that matters?).

All of my motion sensors have shown up in the last 6 hours, but none of these vents.

Nor have a seen my 2 minimotes which i just realized don't even show battery status in the Device Management View.

Am i just not waiting long enough for the vents, and any thoughts on the Minimotes??

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                            Steve,

I have 6 of the Econet vents in my house. They all show up grouped with the master, with relationship status "parent root", and the actual vent as "child".

I had to modify the actual device to look like a dimming device in order to get control over these. (not sure if that matters?).

All of my motion sensors have shown up in the last 6 hours, but none of these vents.

Nor have a seen my 2 minimotes which i just realized don't even show battery status in the Device Management View.

Am i just not waiting long enough for the vents, and any thoughts on the Minimotes??
                            I'm not familiar with the Vents or the Minimotes but my best guess would be that they are not sending wake-up notifications to HS3. The first thing to do is search your log for wake-up notifications. You can filter the log using 'Wake-Up' to see all notifications. The log entries will be similar to this:
                            UZB1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 67

The plugin will only monitor devices that issue wake-up notifications at regular intervals. Let me know what you find

Steve

Comment

I'm not familiar with the Vents or the Minimotes but my best guess would be that they are not sending wake-up notifications to HS3. The first thing to do is search your log for wake-up notifications. You can filter the log using 'Wake-Up' to see all notifications. The log entries will be similar to this:
                              UZB1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 67

The plugin will only monitor devices that issue wake-up notifications at regular intervals. Let me know what you find

Steve
                              Minimote probably a different beast, as it doesn't even show battery as a child in device management.

The vents do, but as you guess correctly, no "wake-up" information for them. The polling info looks like every 12 hours. in fact, if I search on the node for one of the vents, nothing comes up. however, If I search on "vent", I do see this (e.g.)

Jan-02 8:30:54 AM
                              Z-Wave
                              Device: Vents Office Battery Set to 36

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                                The vents do, but as you guess correctly, no "wake-up" information for them. The polling info looks like every 12 hours. in fact, if I search on the node for one of the vents, nothing comes up. however, If I search on "vent", I do see this (e.g.)

Jan-02 8:30:54 AM
                                Z-Wave
                                Device: Vents Office Battery Set to 36
                                Doesn't look like the vents support the wake-up command class: http://products.z-wavealliance.org/p...s/1044/classes

Cheers
                                Al
                                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                                X