Control all devices in Easy Trigger group if xx time without change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control all devices in Easy Trigger group if xx time without change

I apparently am not savvy enough to figure out how to configure ET to accomplish the following. Can someone offer assistance?

I have a group of devices set up in ET that I wish to turn all of them off if xx time has elapsed. I have started with the trigger "Any device's value in this group had its value set and is not equal to...followed by the proper values to query that any of the devices in the ET group is on.

Then I wish to turn all of these same devices in the ET group off after an elapsed amount of time without any changes to these devices. From the available And If statements this option to monitor for duration without activity is not available. I suppose I could use a timer, but in other events this option of checking for amount of time elapsed is available, so hope I am just missing something. Also in the lists of options, I am not seeing the ability to circle back to the ET group and turn ALL in this group off.

Thanks in advance!!

Clarifications

Actually meant to say control with a timer...

Also the devices monitored for change are in a separate ET group than the devices I wish to turn off which are in a different ET group.

Comment

There is no action to control all the devices in a group, but I that would be a good addition to this plugin so I will probably add it soon.
      Right now you will have to create an action for each device you want to turn off.

Regarding the timer thing here is how I would do it

Event 1
      If Any device in this group had its value set and is greater than 0
      THEN Cancel Delayed Event: Event 2
      THEN Run another Event: Event 2 with Delay XX minutes

Event 2
      IF this Event is manually triggered
      THEN Turn off device 1
      THEN Turn off device 2
      etc...

Comment

I have just added a "Set Group of Devices to Expression" action in version 3.0.0.41 available in the Beta section of the updater.

You can use a simple value or a variable or a mathematical expression as the value.

Click image for larger version

Name:	groupaction.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	1193193

Comment

Thanks Spud!

By chance could you help guide me to achieve my intended event as I am still struggling to figure this out?

What I have so far are two ET groups. First one contains all of my devices that I am monitoring for change (these are audio devices in the HTD plugin such as volume, source...things that one would utilize while listening to music). My goal here is to turn off my audio amps if the devices in this group don't see any change for xx time. Why??? because these amps draw a lot of power and I don't want them powered on if not in use.

I already have Z-wave power plugs on these amps, and am triggering the amps on and off if an audio zone is powered on/off, so this part works well. All these amp power plugs are in the second ET group where I can use your new functionality and set all devices in the group to off...but again need the proper event triggers etc. prior to the turn off which allow me to monitor the first group for time since last change (which generally would mean no one is actually using the audio).

Thank you in advance...and of course for the awesome plugin!

Comment

Figured it out

Tried a bunch of different setups...but now have it working!!!

Thanks again for adding the control all in a group to the plugin, this is great!

Comment

Isn't it great to have access to the author of a piece of software you use? And for that author to be responsive... super great.

Thanks @spud.

Comment

Absolutely!!! Great plugin, and great support. Unfortunately I can't say that about some of the other plugin purchases I have made...several of them appear to have gone dark, got their $$ then no assistance to work out shortcomings/bugs.

Regardless...Thanks Spud!

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  I have just added a "Set Group of Devices to Expression" action in version 3.0.0.41 available in the Beta section of the updater.

You can use a simple value or a variable or a mathematical expression as the value.

[ATTACH]64643[/ATTACH]
                  This is nice but really need the ability to set this as a delay'd action for motion lighting and such situations where the action may need to be removed/reset if motion (or something) occurs before you want the action to happen.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                    This is nice but really need the ability to set this as a delay'd action for motion lighting and such situations where the action may need to be removed/reset if motion (or something) occurs before you want the action to happen.
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                    X