X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sca,
    See this post:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=118107
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Madcodger:
      I'd be interested in hearing a bit more on your TXB16. I have both a propane furnace and a wood furnace with two thermostats in the hallway. I'd like to be able to control the two separately using the TXB16. The control on the wood furnace simply opens/closes the damper while the propane kicks in when the house gets really cold, when we're away. During the summer, it would be nice to be able to turn on/off the blower to move cooler air from the basement, again a separate output, and to simply sense the house temperature to have HS control the A/C.
      All this would require up to three outputs from the TXB16, Furnace 1, Furnace 2 and Blower only.
      Can the TXB16 (or any other X10 unit) handle all this?

Comment

even the Zone controllers dont have the capability of multiple Systems..

I would use something like a TR-16 or TX-16 to handle the propane furnace and then use the info it provides to run the wood furnace damper and blower with say an Ocelot.

the TR-16 would be set at say 62, you want a temperature of 72 in the living space. Homeseer would take temp readings from the TR-16 and use them as actual temperature reference. a temp sensor placed near the wood furnace to recognize whether the fire has gone out or not.

homeseer device with the actual desired temperature say 72.. you go away.. homeseer opens damper and kicks in blower .. damper via OCelot and Blower via API commands sent to the TR-16 that activate fan on...when the fire goes out homeseer shuts down the blower and closes the damper..

house temperature falls to 61.. propane furnace on via the TR-16.. this also is a safeguard. homeseer chokes and dies.. TR-16 handles propane furnace keeping the house from freezing.
        -Christopher
        PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Originally posted by Pothead View Post
          Madcodger:
          I'd be interested in hearing a bit more on your TXB16. I have both a propane furnace and a wood furnace with two thermostats in the hallway. I'd like to be able to control the two separately using the TXB16. The control on the wood furnace simply opens/closes the damper while the propane kicks in when the house gets really cold, when we're away. During the summer, it would be nice to be able to turn on/off the blower to move cooler air from the basement, again a separate output, and to simply sense the house temperature to have HS control the A/C.
          All this would require up to three outputs from the TXB16, Furnace 1, Furnace 2 and Blower only.
          Can the TXB16 (or any other X10 unit) handle all this?
          Hi. Sorry for the delay in replying - I wasn't subscribed to the thread, so I didn't get updates.

I don't think you can control other thermostats as you're describing, and as CK noted. You might be able to use a relay to open / close the damper and another to turn on the fan, though, using HS. Otherwise, I think you'd have to have a separate thermostat for each function. My stat controls both the furnace and the air conditioner, and that works well.
          Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

Working...
          X