What is everyone using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is everyone using?

I have been curious as to what thermostats everyone is using?
    I have read the x10 stats are not that reliable,but the cost is ok.
    The proliphix stats are very good, but the price is a little high.
    Z-wave are not that popular.
    I do not want to be quoted on anything,it is just my own interpretation.

Just want to get a better idea.
    I am looking at the Proliphix NT120.

Happy HAI RC80 user here. Stable as a rock.
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

With using the HAI RC80, don't I need to use the Omni setup?
      Instead of just putting it on my network . I am using Homeseer only.

Comment

Nope, the HAI thermostat will communicate using RS232 directly back to HomeSeer. Just make sure the model you purchase is RS232.

Steven

Comment

What happens ifyou are using your rs232 to control Homeseer. Then I guess you need to go to a usb and reconfigure everything.

Comment

I had a number of USB to 232 adapters, then went out and bought a 4 port PCI RS232 card as some equipment does not tend to like the USB to 232 units.
            Last count I think I am up to about 9 serial devices connected to HomeSeer.

Steven

Comment

I vote for the HAI RC80B also. They work great as stand-alone programmable thermostats and can be controlled remotely via HomeSeer.

Scott

Comment

My pc is not that fast. Wouldn't I need a faster prcessor? To handle all that.

Comment

Originally posted by clkmn View Post
                  My pc is not that fast. Wouldn't I need a faster prcessor? To handle all that.
                  Not necessarily. I used to run HS on a 800mhz machine. Things like TTS voices and VR take a little more oomph. What PC are you running?
                  HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

I have a p4 w/1.6ghz.
                    I guess it's not that bad.

Comment

You're fine. Memory can make a big difference too. 512 will work, a gig or so is nice to have.

Comment

Rs232 Tr40

Serial controlled, great display, and you can send text messages to it.

http://www.resconsys.com/docs/thermo...1-01070-03.pdf
                        Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

I've been using a TXB16 (X10) for a couple of years now, and it works fine.
                          Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

So are there alot of people using their stats to intergrate w/HS or do people have other built up systems?
                            I am still being drawn to the Proliphix stat. Because of the remote sensor capability.
                            I know any stat I choose will have +++ and ---

Thanks any info would be great

Everyone have a great holiday

Comment

Appreciate some advise

I am running HS 2.X - have X-10 and Inteon. I am insterested to add some furnance control, and also some controlers for fans - here is my situation - we heat the house with wood burning stoves but have three furnaces as backup in the winter, and air conditioning in the summer. I am about to add some Broan thru-the wall fans to move the hot air near the cieling from room to room. The three frnaces service 1) main residential floor, 2) 2nd floor residential, and 3) both a 1st floor and basement daycare.

I have two goals - 1st - to be able to have temp sensors in several places to control the wall fans based on temp's in these rooms, and also temp of the wood burning stove to create some if-then's based on these sensor readings.

2nd - my wife's daycare is on two floors - 1st and basement- two very different environments - want a sensor in at least one location and a thermostte in another to also have some if-then's - the environments are so different that one thermostate in only one of these locations does not function.

Can someone advise me as to which systems allow remote sensing, and the passing of this info to HS to create conditional actions.

Comment

Working...
                              X