Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.6.5.0 - Logitech web service response does not contain a login authorization token

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.6.5.0 - Logitech web service response does not contain a login authorization token

I'm running 3.6.5.0 and I am still having problems with "Logitech web service response does not contain a login authorization token" errors. Things will work properly for a few weeks, then stop. This is the 2nd time it stopped working with the above error, after working properly. In both cases, the failure was triggered by config changes made by me. Once to my harmony device setup and this time to some networking changes (cable modem & router replacement).

Last time, I had to delete everything and reinstall. I'd prefer not to do this again. I have events linked to the devices now and would like to keep them.

Log:
    Jan-22 8:18:08 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: LOGITECH WEB SERVICE LOGIN : FAILURE ERROR : harmonyWebServiceLogin : Logitech web service response does not contain a login authorization token -
    Jan-22 8:18:08 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub reference/status is : 78--Watch tv--Active--3
    Jan-22 8:18:08 AM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Update Activity reference/status is : 78----Hub1=3

My HarmonyHub.AuthorizationToken in the homeseerHS3 directory file contains 'ThisisadummyToken'. I have never seen it have any other value, although I have never looked at it when things are working properly. I have no other copies of this file.

My harmony hub is at the proper IP address, as displayed by the harmony app. I can ping it. IP, Userid and password are correct in plugin config, I haven't changed them in weeks.

I get the same failing output when running the command line tool. I've run this tool on 2 different systems in my house with the same errors.

Hub version is 4.12.36. Is there any other debug information to collect?

The harmony hub itself works properly from the remote, the app and alexa (echo).
    Last edited by bholio; January 22, 2017, 10:53 AM.

Some more info:
    Using wireshark, I've traced the request and response to svcs.myharmony,com. The proper userid/password is sent in, and the response comes back:

{"GetUserAuthTokenResult":null}

Comment

How am I supposed to debug this? How can I get this fixed? I paid for this plug in and it does not work. My questions are ignored.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I tried the command line utility. I tried the command line utility on a different computer. I traced the traffic with Wireshark. What other debug information is necessary to debug this? Where can I get this data? Where do I send it?

I know my password is correct. I've logged in to the windows 'myharmony-app.exe' for windows without issue, unable to trace the traffic because it is TLS. The hub itself works properly, it has no problems working with the Echo, or tablet.

As far as I can tell, the HarmonyHub.AuthorizationToken file in the HS3 directory has always had a dummy value inside, and has never changed its timestamp from Nov 28 2016, even when this plugin was working.

Has Harmony's API changed again?

Has anyone installed this plug in for the first time within the last 2 weeks and had it actually work?

Thanks.

Comment

More debug.

I installed a random harmonyHub API on my computer, and am messing around with it. It is talking to the hub without any myHarmony credentials. What I mean is it never asked for my user/pw. It probably has its own credentials saved within.

https://github.com/sushilks/harmonyH...5c73/README.md

Why does the homeseer plugin bother dealing with the myharmony ID at all?
        Last edited by bholio; January 28, 2017, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Hi,

There is no authentication any more, since the last API change.
          To sovle the issues a made a quick and dirty fix with a dummy authentication (file).
          So in fact the plugin, or better, the harmonyhubcontrol.exe is talking directly to the hub.
          I cannot reproduce your issue, so the most be some other reason why you get this error. The plugin is used by many users and I have no reports like yours since the API change has been fixed.

Any other ideas which might help me troubleshoot?
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks for the response. Knowing that the auth request was no longer done helped. I'm not exactly sure how, but even after uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, I must have somehow had an older version of the code loaded.

I reinstalled a few times, then restarted homeseer, and it is working.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Rien,

I am also getting this issue, all was working fine then after the Hub and Homeseer restarted due to a power cut I now receive this error.
              The same occurs when using HarmonyHubControl from the command line, when you say it no longer uses auth is there supposed to be no authentication boxes in the config now as if so I think the code being pushed out by HS3 is incorrect.

Thanks,
              Todd

Comment

Ok very weird, after repeated playing around I seem to have got it working again

Here is exactly what I did
                Delete the username / password from the harmony hub config page and save the changes
                Rescan Devices / Activities
                Put the username / password into the harmony hub config page and save changes
                Rescan Devices / Activities
                Devices appeared again

I had tried re-entering the user/pass and saving, changing the user/pass and saving, restarting the hub and restarting hs3 and had no change,it wasnt until I forced it using blank credentials and then gave it the account again until it authenticated properly.

Comment

Working...
                X