Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather and outside temperature virtual device possible from web data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather and outside temperature virtual device possible from web data?

Is there an app or a script that can write to a virtual device the outside temperature for my area? I don't currently have any weather apps running as I couldn't get it to work in the past. I'd like it to show up with the rest of my status temperature and humidity devices and run events based on it's value.

Solved - additional info here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=1#post1347779
    Last edited by ; January 29, 2018, 06:07 PM.

I don't currently have any weather apps running as I couldn't get it to work in the past.

Curious which weather application / plugin gave you issues?

WeatherXML does a good job of this.

I utilize it with CumulusMX, NOAA weather, WUN weather and my Davis Weather station.

Long math way you can utilize Jon00's data scraper utility to get one outside temperature variable from an Internet weather web site.

[ATTACH]66235[/ATTACH]

There is too Environment Canada Weather plugin - HS3 available.

Best mechanism for outdoor temperature and weather is a weather station attached to your home or nearby. Here in the midwest and due to the Great Lakes there are always issues predicting the weather. You can have a lake effect blizzard in one place and drive 2 miles away and it could be sunny. Same thing with temperatures.

In the home here have an electronic barometer (well a couple of these) and still glance at an older designed Goethe barometer which at a glance I can see atmospheric pressure going up or down.

[ATTACH]66236[/ATTACH]

In the 1980's had a two foot in diameter temperature sensor on the fence in the back yard. Worked fine for years with no batteries or internet.
    Last edited by Pete; January 29, 2018, 12:46 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete, I have started playing with Weather XML and will look into the Canada version. For me, I just want to know outdoor temp and forecast as I will drop my heat a little less on real cold nights as recovery time is quite long when it hits -20 overnight.

Comment

Last edited by Pete; January 29, 2018, 05:36 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X