X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-adding device removed

Mark,

Deleted a "Hidden Door Sensor" model 2845-222 from the current registered Insteon Devices.

It was operational sending updates to HS3 when the door was open/closed. It was missing the battery reset function. So I decided to delete it and re-add.

I can't add this device by either method entering it's address or using the TAP Add function.

Can you advise on what steps i need to take?

Devoir

You will have to pull the sensor out of the wall and press the set but to put it into linking mode in order to register it
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

thank for the quick reply.

The device is sitting on the desk next to me.... installed a fresh battery.

I tried both methods.. address and tap add pushing the black button to put it into linking mode. the device beeps and light flashes green.

Tap Add in HS3 fails to recognize the device.

Devoir

Comment

enabled detailed logging on the plugin config page, and try to add again. then post the hs log snippet of the transaction. i need to see if the device is responding at all.

you might try a factory reset on the device as well. check the manual for this procedure.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

Many thanks for the instructions

1) successful factory reset of door sensor

2) unsuccessful with TAP add

3) unsuccessful with adding by device address

4) enabled detail log tried add device, unsuccessful. I've found the log in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Logs\Homeseerlog.hsd I'm working to open it.. the file is approx 100,530k.... text editor it taking a long time to open it

Devoir

Comment

Okay I give.

I had noticed that even though I had put the system into detail logging after following your instructions the check box showed normal logging level. I though I had made a mistake so I decide to start over.

I shutdown HS3

Restarted HS3

opened the Insteon device manager and searched for the address 2b.11.67 and it showed up as a device in the list....

I'm not sure what action fixed this however it appears it is now back in service for use.

I've lot's to learn

Any thought on what I might look into to see what happened?

Devoir

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
              Mark,

Many thanks for the instructions

1) successful factory reset of door sensor

2) unsuccessful with TAP add

3) unsuccessful with adding by device address

4) enabled detail log tried add device, unsuccessful. I've found the log in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Logs\Homeseerlog.hsd I'm working to open it.. the file is approx 100,530k.... text editor it taking a long time to open it

Devoir
              Homeseerlog.hsd is a SQLite file, not a text file.

typically, i only need a copy and paste from the hs log from the log webpage, not the database
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
                Okay I give.

I had noticed that even though I had put the system into detail logging after following your instructions the check box showed normal logging level. I though I had made a mistake so I decide to start over.

I shutdown HS3

Restarted HS3

opened the Insteon device manager and searched for the address 2b.11.67 and it showed up as a device in the list....

I'm not sure what action fixed this however it appears it is now back in service for use.

I've lot's to learn

Any thought on what I might look into to see what happened?

Devoir
                without seeing a log i have no idea how the sensor got reregistered
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X