This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2GIG Thermonstat Operating Mode

The operating mode in the status always says heating. I would have thought if it wasn't actively heating it would say something else.

I was hoping to use that status change to control a fan so that when the heat comes on, a fan is switched on to circulate the air (the thermostat is controls a propane space heater which is purely radiant). After some period after the mode switched to not-heating (or whatever it would be) I was planning on turning the fan off.

Is this a defect in the thermostat?

Hmm, just saw it change to idle for the first time. Maybe I had to ask the question...

Comment

Ok, weird, it just went back to heating but it's not heating. The heat is off. Something is wacko.

Comment

So generally, I see the operating mode as "Heating" whether it is heating or not. I've only seen the "Idle" state once. I think there is a defect somewhere here.

Comment

Is your tstat routing through any non beaming devices?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Is your tstat routing through any non beaming devices?
            How would I find out? And if so, what do I do about it?

Comment

Originally posted by mkropp View Post
              How would I find out? And if so, what do I do about it?
              You could load Z-Seer and see your Z-Wave network nodes. To fix it you would need to add a beaming device near the stat.

Comment

Check out this thread for more information.
                http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...GIG+thermostat

Comment

If you manually poll the unit does it display the correct information, i was going to buy a 2gig stat but i was told you have to poll the unit to get the updated information, it doesnt update in real time, i guess you could increase your poll time, but that would shorten the life of the batteries...

-Tom-
                  -Tom-

Comment

I haven't played with it much since posting in http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=145198, but this is what I remember seeing...

The plugin is not returning the correct operating mode. I thought the plugin may be updating the wrong internal state since it appears to be normally firing 4 'operating mode state changed to any' events per on/off cycle - 2 when the thermostat really changes, and 2 when the plugin polls after the actual change (I think). Between the thermostat going off and the first poll, you will see heat mode off/idle (not operating mode like it should be). I played with tracking the 4 states with a device update to see if the extra 2 could be skipped (0->1 means idle, 1->2 skip, 2->3 means running, 3->4 skip) but it seemed like I got some extra changes along the way and got out of sync.

Since I wasn't sure whether the thermostat even supported operating mode status, I didn't investigate any more. It would be nice to get a definitive answer. At some point I'll probably add the WiFi module anyway - not sure if Radio Thermostats is selling them yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X