This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys-

I made a request for this earlier, but more and more commands keep creeping out of the woodwork.

Are there script commands from the old plugin that ARE NOT implemented in the new plugin? Generally, these would NOT be part of the Thermostat API.

If there are, I am happy to add them to maintain continuity of scripts.

A note on the RegisterHelpLink function: This is some new functionality for HomeSeer 2.2, and somehow slipped through my error catching scheme. EDIT: A new build has just been posted to fix this (2.3.2603.27401)
    Last edited by RJ; February 16, 2007, 04:35 PM.
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

(Two TR40s and one ZCV4)

The latest version still will not load (2.3.2603.27401). I deleted all stats under the prior version (2.3.2597.1852) on both the plugin pages and the HS status pages (the HS status page RCS devices actually self deleted). The plugin was disabled in the HS interface page. Installed the new dll to the Homeseer directory. Homeseer logs this error upon startup.

2/16/2007 6:37:00 PM Error Initializing interface: RCS Serial Thermostats->Method not found: 'Void Scheduler.hsapplication.RegisterHelpLink(System.String, System.String, System.String, Int32)'.

Attempts to enable the plugin in the HS interface page do not work. There is no RCS Thermostat Staus Button displayed in the HS web interface.

Meanwhile... back to 2.3.2597.1852 configured as 6 stand alone stats.

Comment

Same error here, reverting back...

Originally posted by cbryan View Post
        (Two TR40s and one ZCV4)

The latest version still will not load (2.3.2603.27401). I deleted all stats under the prior version (2.3.2597.1852) on both the plugin pages and the HS status pages (the HS status page RCS devices actually self deleted). The plugin was disabled in the HS interface page. Installed the new dll to the Homeseer directory. Homeseer logs this error upon startup.

2/16/2007 6:37:00 PM Error Initializing interface: RCS Serial Thermostats->Method not found: 'Void Scheduler.hsapplication.RegisterHelpLink(System.String, System.String, System.String, Int32)'.

Attempts to enable the plugin in the HS interface page do not work. There is no RCS Thermostat Staus Button displayed in the HS web interface.

Meanwhile... back to 2.3.2597.1852 configured as 6 stand alone stats.
        HS: 2.5.0.60
        Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
        Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
        Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
        Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
        Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
        UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
        Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

would it help if I printed out a complete list of all the commands from the old plugin?

though I dont have the time to fully develop the other plugin(nor do i want to as this one is .net and will be better than the old one) I am available to help with this one.

-Christopher
          PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

bump...same issue. Reverted to older version.

Originally posted by cbryan View Post
            RJ,

Install issues here as well

2/14/2007 5:02:30 PM Error Initializing interface: RCS Serial Thermostats->Method not found: 'Void Scheduler.hsapplication.RegisterHelpLink(System.String, System.String, System.String, Int32)'.

Comment

Hi Guys-

Sorry for the delayed response, I have been out of the office for a while.

Does the latest build fix this? I think this is 2.3.2603.27401
              -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by RJ View Post
                Hi Guys-

Sorry for the delayed response, I have been out of the office for a while.

Does the latest build fix this? I think this is 2.3.2603.27401
                RJ,

This is the version that created the issue. I just tried reloading .27401 and got errors in the log (below), no button/web page for thermostats, and stale devices.

Log follows:
                2/21/2007 7:15:21 PM - Info - Finished initializing plug-in RCS Serial Thermostats
                2/21/2007 7:15:21 PM - Error - Initializing interface: RCS Serial Thermostats->Method not found: 'Void Scheduler.hsapplication.RegisterHelpLink(System.String, System.String, System.String, Int32)'.
                2/21/2007 7:15:21 PM - Info - Initializing Plug-in: RCS Serial Thermostats on COM port 5

Dave

P.S. reverted to 2.3.2597.18582

Comment

I loaded the new 2603 version and get the same errors and behaviors as with the previous 2601 version (see my post #161 above).
                  jim

Comment

Hi Guys-

There is some weird .NET stuff going on with the latest build. Please avoid it if you aren't running 2.2 yet, we are looking into why this is happening.
                    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

RJ,

I am running HS 2.2. The RCS serial plugin 2.3.2603.27401 will not install correctly (see errors above) and there are no interface buttons on the HS web page.

Comment

I am also running 2.2 and getting the same error as 161 with the latest plugin

Comment

Hi Guys-

It's actually 2.2.0.2 that you need. This was a last-minute change.

I have poseted a new build at the start of this thread, with this call fixed. Please let me know if there are other issues (communications, etc.) with the plugin.
                          -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Are talking about HS 2.2.0.2? Where do we get this?

Comment

Hello,

2.2.0.2 hasn't been released yet, but will probably be sometime next week. This update will add some new functionality, and also enable the RegisterHelpLink function so that it works properly.
                              -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

RJ,

I deleted all stats and zone controllers (two TR40s and one ZCV4) and installed the "new" 2.3.2603.27401 (900kb). The install went ok (no logged errors), but, the HS and plugin status pages display incorrect data for the WDUs on the zone controller. Likewise, attempts to send temp setpoints to the WDUs on the ZCV4 do not work. When I run the plugin in the debug mode, it appears the problem is still in the addressing scheme in that no data is being written to each of the addresses for the WDUs installed on the ZCV4. The ZCV4 controller in my system is located at address 3. Under the current RCS serial protocal for the ZCVx series zone controllers the WDUs are automatically assigned address 3, 4, 5, and 6. There is no "zone" address (Z) as this is now obsolete. It appears that the way the plugin is presently coded that commands (for temp setpoint, etc.) are being written only to the base address on the zone controller (in my case address 3) even when attempting to send commands to other WDUs on the ZCV4 which are at the sequential addresses assigned by ZCV4 hardware/firmware default at addresses 3 thru 6.

I also have one more question regarding the new sensor function. Is this to allow outside temp data to be read and how is it configured? In my case the only outside temp sensor I have is installed on the ZCV4 located at address 3. Under these circumstances the API dictates that any script or call to read that sensor would require a (3,2) argument or parameter. I have not been able to guess my way into configuring this (address, sensor) as a sensor in the plugin as it looks like there is only an address option for the sensor.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X