This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W800USB by WGL - ACRF Plugin

Is the W800USB by WGL supported with HS2 and this plugin? Any recommendation on this device over the RFXComm? $100

http://www.wgldesigns.com/w800.html

from the WGL site:

The USB model incorporates a "virtual COM port" allowing it to function with all existing applications that were created for RS232 COM port as well as any new USB applications.
    i would think that the ACRF2 plugin would work just fine

regarding the RFX, depends on what type of rf devices you want to connect, do you know?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I am in the USA and I will be using the DS10A's from X10. I also plan on using the Oregon Scientific (down the road) system along with some remote temperature/humidity sensors for the attic, water temp, pool temp, etc. Just trying to think ahead. I'd rather pay a little more upfront and reap the benefits in the end. I've learned the lesson many times, you get what you pay for. Any feedback is appreciated. BTW, my house is a single storey, 2,400 ft^2 and less than 1/3 acre of land so not much area to cover.

Comment

Originally posted by pcgeek View Post
        I am in the USA and I will be using the DS10A's from X10. I also plan on using the Oregon Scientific (down the road) system along with some remote temperature/humidity sensors for the attic, water temp, pool temp, etc. Just trying to think ahead. I'd rather pay a little more upfront and reap the benefits in the end. I've learned the lesson many times, you get what you pay for. Any feedback is appreciated. BTW, my house is a single storey, 2,400 ft^2 and less than 1/3 acre of land so not much area to cover.
        You best bet for the most flexibility is a RFX receiver (the one with a 433.92MHz receiver and a 310MHz receiver). The W800 does not support the Oregon Scientific sensors. For best reception, locate the antenna in the attic in the middle of the house. checkout the rfxcom website for a lot of info about the different sensors and antennas.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

W800 more sensitive?

I'm curious about experience of other on this point.

I think my W800 receiver is much more sensitive at 310 MHz than is the RFX 310 MHz receiver. The WGL receiver also appears to accept slightly off-frequency transmissions better, while the RFX is very precisely tuned. As a consequence, I get much better reception of cheap X10 devices with the WGL receiver. Has anyone else seen anything similar?
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
          X