This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W800usb

So I recently got a W800USB device to control my MSA10 sensors. I found when I first got it plugged in I was able to get it to install 1 out of 6 MSA10 Devices. It even worked for a little while. Then it quit working altogether. Even the W800RF Demo quit working. I am using the ACRF plugin and it could no longer detect the device, even when I rebooted. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. So I tried moving it to another USB port. It then worked. Then when I rebooted it quit working again. I basically ran out of USB ports to move it to. I think this is some kind of USB or COM port issue.

I thought, maybe it is the virtual com port driver. So I downloaded the latest drivers from FTDI and updated the FT 232R USB UART drivers. I even changed the com port to 10 to avoid any conflicts. The default settings are 9600 8 N 1 N. I lowered it to 4800 and it still doesn't work. The com port now always shows as being installed. Sometimes when I reboot the ACRF actually detects it on COM 10. However, none of the sensors are working and the W800RF Demo still does not detect the device on Com 10. Anyone have any ideas?

TBG

Faulty hardware?
    Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
    X