X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help creating an event

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to HomeSeer, and the (modern) home automation scene.

I've got about 30 Insteon switches I've installed (most are just 3-way links, not controlling loads), etc.

My question is, how can I create an event that turns off (or dims) ONLY the lights that are off after a certain time?

I had some sample events I created such as when the alarm panel displays FAULT 07 (kitchen motion sensor) after 9:00 PM, raise kitchen lights to 30%

but, the problem was, let's say someone was eating in the kitchen at the time, and the motion sensor goes off, the lights dim from full intensity down to 30%.

this is very aggravating, and I'm sure there's some simple way that I'm not seeing here!

any/all help is appreciated

thanks in advance!

I think what you're looking for is a conditional event. You can set up an event that fires only under certain conditions, for example, motion is detected and the kitchen light is already OFF. Here's a screenshot of an example event that fires if the doorbell rings and the entry light is off. I could also add a third condition to say AND after sunset.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 1.19.26 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1164201
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Working...
    X