This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analog Values on the HAI Panel

I've found from reading the HAI panel plugin information that it is possible to read analog values from the input zones. This thread also touches on the point:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=91403

I'm not clear however on what the range of input values are. I would guess that it probably reads something like 4-20ma which is probably pretty standard for such devices. Ideally, I would like to measure a voltage from some current transducers. Does anyone have any experience with this?

A few months back I did have a contact switch problem which even with the EOL resistor had fluctuating analog values. I fixed it by replacing the contact switch which had been installed for something like 10 years and never caused an issue. The panel and HS was reading the values and triggering events very randomly.

I do not see you having any difficulties converting those analog values to some of use.

I just recently purchased the HAI Video CCTV & Omnitouch hub for my OPII panel (have a mix of serial and networked Omnitouchscreens around) to play with.

Looking to integrate this with my ZM stuff.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete. I appreciate the info. I still need to figure out what those values represent - a current or a voltage? Also, what is the input range? All the same it is good to know that it works. A little testing with a couple of resistors and my multimeter should answer the rest of the questions.

Comment

Hi Pete. Perhaps you could add me to the HAI panel list if you are still maintaining it.

Comment

Yes.

Here (midwest) I have two expansion boards on my OPII (48 zones) and just recently purchased a video hub / Omnitouch hub to goof around with (have both legacy Omnitouch screens and newer types). (Integrating it with my ZM setup).

I added you to the list of users.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X