Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon voice control coming to home seer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon voice control coming to home seer ?

Amazon released the Alexa Appkit last month in hopes that developers will create cool new features for the voice technology that powers the Echo. This time, the e-commerce giant is offering the Alexa Voice Service (AVS) itself as a developer preview, which both hobbyists and legit hardware manufacturers can integrate into their own connected devices. The best part is the company's allowing the use of its technology for free. "By adding Alexa to your device, your users can request and receive information in the same way they would from an Amazon Echo," the company's Getting Started Guide reads. That means devices loaded with Alexa will also be able to answer questions about the weather and look up stuff or the traffic conditions online.

---------------

Free for use, time for home seer to do a long overdue upgrade to its voice control
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

A quick search turned up this thread:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=171036
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Its actually a different feature, this one is amazon allowing their voice recognition system to be integrated into systems like Homeseer natively ( no echo required) and for FREE
      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

In all seriousness, as I'm reading about this on the amazon developer site, this capability looks awesome.
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

I remain unimpressed, until somebody creates a viable "whole home" microphone. I'm tired off attempting to communicate, by voice, with a computer and getting the digital equivalent of, "Wha'd ju say?", ad nauseum.

As Mark once noted, even Captain Kirk WEARS his microphone....
            HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
            Home Assistant 2024.3
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
            Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
            Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
            WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
            AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

ECHO BETA

WHERE CAN I FIND THE HOMESEER BETA FOR ECHO. I JUST RECEIVED MINE CAN'T WAIT TO PUT IT TO WORK.

Comment

Originally posted by Gallina View Post
                WHERE CAN I FIND THE HOMESEER BETA FOR ECHO. I JUST RECEIVED MINE CAN'T WAIT TO PUT IT TO WORK.
                Did you do a search? Try this in Google
                echo site:board.homeseer.com
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This is partly why I haven't yet purchased additional echos. If any hardware manufacturer can integrate the echo service into their device, I'd like to see what the competition will be like. Ideally, I'd like about five or so, scattered throughout the house, but not at $200 ea. Also, I'd like there to be devices tailored to certain types of rooms, like an echo integrated with an alarm clock for bedroom. I'm assuming we'd see some more flexibility from other hardware manufactures, such as a line-out for outputting to speakers.

I'm assuming that we'll eventually see an echo voice app for smart phones, so we can just talk to Alexa from our phone if not near an echo device.

HomeSeer's tabletop devices would be more attractive if they had the echo voice service builtin. I'd want them to be able to push the Alexa response back to the primary HomeSeer controller which could be connected to a whole-house-audio system as source.

Comment

No thanks, I don't need Amazon cloud storing every conversation at my home or any kind of voice prints. I want all this capability self contained, as I do not trust the large companies not to spy.

Comment

I have 3 echo's in my apartment.

Comment

Working...
                      X