This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2450 IO Link Strange problem

I have a 2450 IO link controlling the garage door motor and monitoring the door closed position. It has been working with no problem for over a year, until today. When I woke up this morning, the garage door was open The log shows no record of the output or input changing state during the night. I have an event that turns on the garage lights when the door opens and that event ran, so I know exactly when the door opened. So it seems that the input was detected but not logged (possible?) and the output turned on for no apparent reason (very worrisome).
    I tested both the input and output from the CAPI controller and both were logged properly.
    Now, it could be possible that the contacts of the manual garage door switch (in parallel with the relay) somehow closed, but the switch status still should have shown a change in state.

1. do you poll the iolinc periodically? can you check the log to see if the state changed then

2. what plugin version are you running?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,
      The device is polled every 5 minutes. There was no change of state at any time until I activated the motor myself.
      Sorry, forgot to include this:
      Current Date/Time: 1/22/2018 9:05:47 AM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
      System Uptime: 1 Day 22 Hours 56 Minutes 8 Seconds
      IP Address: 192.168.1.200
      Number of Devices: 199
      Number of Events: 166
      Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
      1.0.0.142: Arduino Plugin
      3.1.1.24385: Blue-Iris
      3.0.6.2: Insteon Thermostat
      3.0.6.23: Insteon
      1.0.0.5: Restart
      3.1.0.2: Sonos

Comment

i don't see anything unusal here

when was the last 'close' transaction on the door relative to this mysterious 'open'?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,
          attached jpg shows last OPEN-CLOSE sequence which was two days prior. The event @ 04:37:58 was triggered by the door input opening, however the change of state did not log for some reason. Why would that be? The next input change occured when I closed the door after the fact.

Mark,
          An Insteon Plug-in Error Log was generated 1/20/2018 4:39:35 PM - due to an issue with another device (device 30), which I'm about to replace. I'm attaching this log in case there is something in there that might shed some light on the 2450 IO Link, device 22, 31.6E.A5
          Attached Files
          Last edited by field888; January 22, 2018, 01:26 PM. Reason: UPDATED INFORMATION

Comment

forgot attachment...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by field888 View Post
              Mark,
              attached jpg shows last OPEN-CLOSE sequence which was two days prior. The event @ 04:37:58 was triggered by the door input opening, however the change of state did not log for some reason. Why would that be? The next input change occured when I closed the door after the fact.

Mark,
              An Insteon Plug-in Error Log was generated 1/20/2018 4:39:35 PM - due to an issue with another device (device 30), which I'm about to replace. I'm attaching this log in case there is something in there that might shed some light on the 2450 IO Link, device 22, 31.6E.A5
              the attached log doesn't include entries from 1/21/2018

try the 'generate error report' button from the config page and see if it captures any log entries around the time of the incident
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                the attached log doesn't include entries from 1/21/2018

try the 'generate error report' button from the config page and see if it captures any log entries around the time of the incident
                Nah, didn't work - starts today 11:52AM

Doug

Comment

i don't know what else to suggest but to wait and see if it happens again and if anything gets captured in the log.

is the large gap in time (1/20 11pm to 1/21 4am) in the log screen pic above normal?

might be worth investigating that in the hs log database
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

that log was filtered for 'garage' entries only.
                    thanks for looking.

Comment

Mark,
                      As luck would have it, I was at another computer and heard the garage door motor run for about 1 sec - stop - run again- stop - then run again until it was full open. that would require 4 successive outputs from the relay. The initial run wasn't long enough to get off the limit switch so the switch did record the change of state until the last run open.
                      I captured the Insteon error log. It appears that the device was in the polling sequence at the time, so I hope there is some meaningful info in the log. Means nothing to me!
                      Doug

Jan-24 09:46:20 Device Control Device: 1st Floor Garage Auto Door Motor to RUN (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                      Jan-24 09:45:10 Insteon ** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.
                      Jan-24 09:45:10 Insteon ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
                      Jan-24 09:45:10 Insteon ***:Forced error / log generation
                      Jan-24 09:44:29 email Email successfully sent to **********@vtext.com
                      Jan-24 09:44:27 Device Control Device: Alarm Status Perimeter OK to Off (0)
                      Jan-24 09:44:27 Event Event Trigger "Perimeter Alarms Perimeter Not Secure"
                      Jan-24 09:44:27 Event Event Trigger "Perimeter Check Auto Garage Door Monitor"
                      Jan-24 09:44:27 Device Control Device: 1st Floor Garage Overhead Lights to On (100)
                      Jan-24 09:44:27 Event Event Trigger "Lighting Garage Lighting - door opening"
                      Jan-24 09:44:27 Insteon Received Garage Auto Door Control & Status Input Sensor: Auto Door Position (31.6E.A5) Go OFF
                      Attached Files

Comment

i think i have to disable polling of the relay. i don't understand why the relay gets triggered from a polling query

do you have an event to open the door the based on the status of the relay changing status?
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,
                          There are no events that activate the relay. Do you see any indication in the insteon log that the relay was triggered, and if so, was it from the software side or was there only a status change. I'm thinking if it is only status change, then the module itself could be defective. If you don't see anything at all, then there is a remote possibility that the electronics in the door opener could be defective and have nothing at all to do with the IO module.
                          Doug

Comment

the relay doesn't broadcast changes...the following is from the input sensor

1/24/2018 9:44:28 AM - Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):31 6E A5 00 01 01 CF 13 01
                            can you try a simple test? disconnect the iolinc relay from the door opener for a few days and see if the door mysteriously opens. leave the sensor connected.

i'm wondering if the polling is somehow confusing the relay and causing the relay to activate; if this is the case; i'll just disable polling for it.

but lets try the above first
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                              the relay doesn't broadcast changes...the following is from the input sensor

can you try a simple test? disconnect the iolinc relay from the door opener for a few days and see if the door mysteriously opens. leave the sensor connected.

i'm wondering if the polling is somehow confusing the relay and causing the relay to activate; if this is the case; i'll just disable polling for it.

but lets try the above first
                              OK, good idea. I left the sensor monitoring the door. disconnected the relay from the door motor. connected the dry relay contacts to a spare open/close sensor which will text me if and when the relay fires the next time. Just hope I'm around when it happens. It would be nice to be able to generate the insteon file from that event, but not possible is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X