Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

speaker client on Raspberry pi 3b with windows??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaker client on Raspberry pi 3b with windows??

Now that the pi 3b has matured and offers a version of windows 10 as an install option, is it yet possible to run the speaker app on it?

this would be useful for putting the pi with the speaker in a remote internet accessible location to use to play messages ect in another house or office.
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Pete posted an interesting How-To here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=194024
    Jon

Comment

I got very excited about the Win 10 IoT OS version being available for the RPi. However it is NOT the Win 10 OS that would allow running HSTouch or the speaker client. They would need to be recompiled by HST.

Pete's work referenced above was partly the result of my bugging him about issues with the HSTouch Linux version running on the Pi. His testing showed the Windows HSTouch client was the best choice for what I needed. It is unlikely that HST will be making changes to any of the clients at this point either fixing the Linux version or providing an IoT version. So the only possible way to use the Win client on an RPi was to get some version of Windows running on it.

I haven't tried this yet.

Barry

Comment

Here it was (is) more than just running HSTouch.

Rather it is running Microsoft SAPI / speaker client and HSTouch and not using any sort of speaker proxy which you can do with multiple HS3 plugins and a Squeezebox player today running on an RPi.

As mentioned above you could create an MS iOT custom MS SAPI build and it would may be run. I have been reading of issues today running some MS applications on an ARM CPU - current Windows 10 testing is with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor only (nothing else right now).

Yesterday turned on my embedded Windows CE touchscreen (using a CUWin 5200 ARM CPU) and it was pretty snappy running CE and HSTouch. Today VNC'd to it. Old MS SAPI runs fine on it. First HS Touchscreens ran on CE way long time ago. HSTouch ran fine on my first Windows Mobile telephones years ago.

[ATTACH]66938[/ATTACH]

Way long time ago I was able to get MS SAPI running on my test Linux box using wine throwing the kitchen sink at it. More recently been able to utilize PlayOnLinux with good results.

A few years back what worked fine with sound was using the Chumby with a basic Debian XFCE desktop and RDP to a Windows server running HSTouch / SAPI.

[ATTACH]66937[/ATTACH]
        Last edited by Pete; February 21, 2018, 09:17 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Is there a disk image that can be created for the RPi that we can adjust...
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Wrote a DYI in help section.

RPi 2-3 Ubuntu Mate - QEMU XPe Installation

It is installation of the RPI build of Ubuntu Mate and the virtual machine software and a lite build of XP.

HS3 Touch and Speaker installation are same as XP.

Note here tested on an RPi 2.

It goes faster if you run QEMU on a fast machine, build your VM there then save it and use the build on the RPi2-3.

Tested RDP via Remmina from RPi2 to my HSDesigner Windows server. It is way faster than the Chumby was and HSTouch / SAPI run fine.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Pete; February 21, 2018, 04:50 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
            X