This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI Plug-in and Ocelot

I did some testing with the Ocelet defined as HomeSeer's X10 interface. The HAI Plug-in and the Ocelot did not play well together as HomeSeer would put the computer into a disabled wait state causing me to reboot to get out of it. To recover, I manually edited the settings.ini file to remove the Ocelot as the X10 interface before restarting HomeSeer. To validate the problem was with the Ocelot, I went through the routine three times slightly modifying the Ocelot interface each time. Sometimes the Ocelot would run for a few minutes before going south and I was able to validate that it was operating as the X10 interface for HomeSeer. Sometimes, HomeSeer would not initialize completely before the computer would lock. I've given up on it until the next round of updates to the HAI plug-in.

I have HomeSeer running now with a CM11a as the X10 interface for HomeSeer and things are fine.

No problems here with Ocelot as X-10 and HAI plugin both running.

Comment

I have the same problem with the HAI plugin interferring with the Ocelot plugin.

Whenever I try to open the HAI Trigger actions from the Windows UI interface, HS freezes and locks up the system. When I try to do a Cntrl_alt_del and terminate HS, it get a windows dialog box that states that:

Cannot complete actions because HSPI_OCELOT.EXE is not responding.

I've had to remove the HAI plugin until this can be resolved.

G

Comment

I have never seen this behavior, even while the plug-in was erroneously billing itself as an X-10 interface. I have the Ocelot, a Secu16, Secu16I, Secu16IR, and RLY8X on my AdNet bus and I have never had a conflict with the HAI Plug-in, and believe me I have had some trashy versions of the plug-in on my system!

Perhaps Rich can help find the source of the problem.

Just to be sure, make certain that you are on the version of the HAI Plug-In that does NOT list itself as an X-10 interface. A run through of the updater installing any new versions should insure this is true as it was fixed a couple of days ago.

Comment

Ocelot Plugin 1.0.0.20
          HAI Plugin 3.0.20

Downloaded this morning

The freeze always occurs when I select the HAI type in the type box for an event trigger in the Windows UI. When I select it from the HTML interface it works fine. When I try to terminate HS, it says that the Ocelot plugin is not responding.

Whether or not it's actually the Ocelot plugin thats a problem, or when HS freezes because I select the HAI trigger type from the trigger menu, I don't know. My guess, you have a bug in the Windows UI trigger type.

G

Comment

You are probably correct about the bug, and I am fairly certain that what you are seeing is Windows' poor attempt at nailing the culprit. If you cancel task manager and then go back to it, it will tell you something else is not responding - it is not too accurate.

Thus, in talking over the Windows UI issue with Rich, we've uncovered a communications problem that led to some of the controls in the Windows UI not being set properly. I went by example instead of what the example documentation had written. At any rate, that was changed in the version that should now be in the updater as you may have seen from Rich's email.

I still think the Windows UI does not appear correctly, but the Web UI and Windows UI are both built from the same plug-in code, so Rich and I have to work out what the issue is. The plug-in API for HomeSeer that was used is brand new, so in reality there are a lot of things being beta tested - the plug-in, the plug-in API, and HomeSeer with it's bevvy of new features and structure. We'll get there. If you can use the HTML interface until we get this sorted out, that might help quite a bit as everything appears correctly there.

Comment

Great thanks, I'll retry it in the .21 version of the plugin that I just downloaded and let you know what, if any, has changed.

George

Comment

Working...
              X