• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Flash 4] Audrey LCARS Flash Interface Discussion

UPDATE 8/3/2

- Version 1.4 in Progress

- Version 1.3 Posted
    Fixed a problem with Audrey freezing when left on the music page for long periods of time. After approx 10min on the music page, the screen returns to the status screen.

- Version 1.2 Posted
    Added current song title to music page
    Music page updates every 10 seconds. No need to refresh to update song title.

Future Direction
    - Events Page

I have posted the first version of the interface I have been working on for the Audrey.

Here are the key features.

You don't need to know flash. Customization with VB is required however.

- Status section 4 items
    You choose what you want to display - and configure the VB to send the info to flash.
    I have given my source

- Lighting Section - 3 lights you configure
    Just tell the VB what the names are and customize the code to turn specific lights on/off

- Music
    Winamp controller
    Must have winamp com installed.

Advantages to using flash.
    No refresh seen with typical web based scripts.

Works with Audrey. This is why I made this.

Very Fast after inital load (Only needs to load once.)

Some thoughts...
    I will be working on this for my own WAF and will update the code as needed.

I am a student of VB and Flash...Master of neither. I also doing this because I like to learn new languages so forgive my sloppy coding.

Comments or suggestions are welcome.

LyonsHome.NET

[This message was edited by Trovan on Tuesday, 30 July 2002 at 09:06 PM.]

[This message was edited by Trovan on Saturday, 03 August 2002 at 12:52 PM.]

[This message was edited by Trovan on Monday, 19 August 2002 at 08:49 PM.]

Do you have any screen shots?

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I haven't played with this much, but it looks pretty slick.

I was able to make a quick hack and covert the music commands to control CDJ using cdj_playit.vbs!!

Should be able to tie this in with NowPlaying [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Looks great and run fast on the Audrey!!

BTW, if you aren't familar with LCARS

[This message was edited by HomeSeerLover on Sunday, 28 July 2002 at 11:37 PM.]
      Attached Files

Comment

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
        Attached Files

Comment

Glad you like it...I'll have improvements out in a couple days.

Mark

LyonsHome.NET

Comment

Now this is an interface that would keep me entertained! Thanks also to Homeseerlover for the website - definately worth a "trip" to see. The LCARS site seems to be doing what I've wanted to do with the homeseer voice - transmit it to the web browser without a new session or special connection. I'd love to be able to have a browser session open on my workstation and get verbal notifications of email, weather, alarm status, etc.

Great stuff - I'll be looking forward to your next update.

Regards -

Matt Z

Comment

WOW!!
              Your interface is fast! I will try and dig into the code to mold around my system, I can't wait. Love the key touch sounds, love the look, love the speed. Only one problem so far, the WinAmp interface lowers my volume and I can never get the volume back to an audible level. I go back to the HS server and manually slide the volume control over and all is OK--->Choose another song and the volume goes back down.
              Any ideas?

Oh, one more thing....
              Does your interface have the ability to execute events? I am using the Audrey ASP pages and have several events that I trigger manually with a 'button press' on my Audreys.
              Thanks.
              This is quite high on the oooh and aahhh scale.
              [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Dan-O
              My system specs are in my profile
              (Current beta as always)

Dan-O
              HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

but, the credit goes to Trovan (Mark L.). BYW any relation to the Trovan Company?? They have some neat stuff.

This has to be the best HS front end interface yet and confirms my believe that Flash is the way to go. I am able to use the interface on my PC, Audrey or CF-01 with almost instant response and no reloading of the IE web pages.

Although the LCARS interface is pretty basic, Trovan has done a great job of setting it up so that it can be customized to an individual users liking!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Does your interface have the ability to execute events? I am using the Audrey ASP pages and have several events that I trigger manually with a 'button press' on my Audreys.
                Thanks.
                This is quite high on the oooh and aahhh scale. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is fairly easy to do:

in Lcars2.asp modify the code in the section:
                This is the first light button
                if action = "kitchen1" then

device_action = request.QueryString("kitchen1")

hs.writelog "LCARS", device_action
                hs.ExecX10ByName "Kitchen Light",device_action

end if

You can add any hs command or event trigger that you like. e.g. I added

hs.speak "Kitchen Lights are now " & device_action

You can also easily change the banner and button names in Lcars_recieve.asp

' This is the banner at the top of the screens
                banner = "Welcome To LyonsHome.NET"

' These are the three light buttons
                light_1 = "Kitchen Light"
                light_2 = "Living Room"
                light_3 = "Outside Lights"

I changed the banner to add the time and display the current CD playing!

MAJOR PROPS to Trovan!

A new Flash Based multiplatform (including HS) User Interface is being developed by the guys at Nearmedia. I got a very impressive demonstartion of the early product yesterday. I will post more information as it becomes available.

[This message was edited by HomeSeerLover on Tuesday, 30 July 2002 at 08:44 PM.]

Comment

Dan-O,

Create a device called MP3 Volume with a location of Computer. The script that I wrote for the volume sends and receives it's information from this device. I suspect you don't have this device, and that is causing your problem. The first time you use the interface after the device is created, you'll have to ramp up the volume but it should stay put after that.

I'll work on an events page in the future.

Version 1.2 is in the works.

At some point the interface will be limited by the audreys power. The flash is loaded into memory which gives it a quick response. However, the audrey is no powerhouse.

HSLover -

No relation to Trovan Company. There was a drug made by Pfizer called Trovan that was going to be a "Super" antibiotic. Turns out that there are several side effects that caused Pfizer to withdraw the product from the general market.

Trovan (ML)

LyonsHome.NET

Comment

Trovan, this is nice, and from the pages you provide it seems very simple to customize. Would you provide the flash source? While you've done a great job, I still want the ability to customize, and your's would be the perfect learning guide.

Mike.

Comment

can you share the code you added to display the current track?

Thank you!

Ray

Comment

The hack for the current track is no great shakes.

I simply pull the track info from the virtual device loaded from T2F with the last 10 Tracks.

It will only update if you refresh the LCARS page. If T2F isn't tunning, I have it display the time (again won't pdate without a refresh) and the usual banner

e.g.

' Hack to Display current CD

dim s, position

S= hs.DeviceStringByName("CDJ Last 10")
                        position = Instr ( S, "10)")
                        banner = Mid ( S, position + 3 )
                        banner = Replace (banner, "&lt;/pre&gt;", "",1,-1,1)

' This is the banner at the top of the screens

IF BANNER = "" THEN banner = Time & " LCARS "

[This message was edited by HomeSeerLover on Wednesday, 31 July 2002 at 05:17 AM.]

Comment

I added some code to each of the two asp files to fix a security hole. Currently, guest users can see data and operate buttons.

Here is the code and I'll update the script in the script library. This is update 1.1

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> sub main()
                          dim guestview
                          ' To allow guests to view LCARS Data guestview = 1, else = 0
                          guestview = 0

if hs.WebLoggedInUser &lt;&gt; "guest" then
                          hs.writelog "LCARS", "Logged In User" 'comment out later
                          call allowed
                          else if guestview = 1 then
                          hs.writelog "LCARS", "Guest OK" 'comment out later
                          call allowed
                          else if guestview = 0 then
                          call notallowed
                          end if
                          end if
                          end if
                          end sub

Change the current sub main () to sub allowed ()

Then add this to the end of the files
                          sub notallowed()

if hs.WebLoggedInUser = "guest" then

hs.writelog "LCARS", "Guest Not Allowed"
                          end if

End Sub </pre>

I'll also post the source flash file with this version. The only thing I ask is that you post your flash files with source to continue the learning environment of this board.

LyonsHome.NET

Comment

Thanks for the info. That fixed my volume problem.
                            Now to find the time to set up the rest of my house. I can control my living room lights. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

BTW,
                            WORD OF CAUTION!!!
                            Don't use the LCARS interface with Opera. Your lights will be flashing for about 30 seconds. It was funny the first time, at least I thought so, but the wife wasn't laughing.
                            Thanks again,

Dan-O
                            My system specs are in my profile
                            (Current beta as always)

Dan-O
                            HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Trovan, any news on a download site for the flash source? I'm really anxious to start learning this.

Comment

Working...
                              X