X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Connecting Homeseer to HAI Omni

Hello,

The message "Web Page not Opened, URL Failed" is a little confusing - don't recall what can generate that except I think the procedure that determines where your copy of Internet Exploder is located so that the plug-in can launch a URL. Anyway, I was messing with some stuff in the latest version of the plug-in having to do with the panel code stuff, so if you are not using the latest beta version from the updater, then download that one. Then, (while shut down) edit hspi_hai.ini and replace the PanelCode=(long set of digits) into PanelCode=xxxx (your 4 digit master code). Save the file, restart and see if that works.

The encryption routine in the plug-in is pretty bad - I can't even tell when the encryption or decryption fails. I am going to replace it pretty soon. For now though, that might be what is going wrong.

If not, then make sure you go to the configuration screen and set all of the plug-in options, including entering non-zero values for the number of zones, units, etc. that you use. You can go to the HomeSeer setup screen, then Interfaces tab, then click on the yellow config button next to the HAI plug-in.

Also in the future, post issues with the HAI plug-in to the HAI forum as I spotted this just by chance.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I tried all of the above but it will still not connect to my HAI panel. I am running the latest beta version of the HAI plugin. I have taken my 4 digit master code and replaced the string of digits in the HAI ini file. I also tried to copy and paste the string of digits in the ini file into the Master Code box on the config screen but it will only take four digits. Is there anyway to disable the encryption or is it hardcoded in the plugin?

The panel master code may not be the problem then.

Did you check the rest of the configuration screen to make sure you had it all filled out? Did you have this working with a previous version? If so, what version of the plug-in was that?
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I never got it to work. This is a clean install of Homeseer 2.1 with the latest beta of the HAI plugin. I am unsure of which code to use as I have read in these forums use the Master Code and also the PC Access code. They are not the same. I have tried both and neither work. I'm sure I'm not getting locked out because I can close Homeseer and get right in with PC Access.

Comment

I'm assuming this plugin is broken since I have not received any additional response.

Comment

I would load the HAI 2.0.0.19 plug-in. The last time I tried the beta version it did not communicate properly with my panel. I am running HS2 version 2.1.130.0.

John

Comment

TheCodeMan,

Sorry for the delay - we are at CEDIA right now. I did not respond earlier as I could not come up with anymore ideas on where the problem could be. Trying the production (2.0.0.19) version as suggested is probably the best idea.

There are a lot of people using this plug-in so I know we can get it working on your system.

When I get back from CEDIA early next week, let me respond to the helpdesk ticket and see if we can get together via phone or perhaps if you have it, remote desktop or some other remote control mechanism and I will get you up and running with it.
            Regards,

Comment

I finally got the plugin to connect to my Omni. I did need to remove the beta HAI plugin and install the version you suggested above. I do have a couple of questions. I was able to import all of the names into Homeseer, but I noticed under the status tab, all the zones are still labeled as zone #. For some reason, they did not take the HAI zone names. Is this normal?

Comment

CodeMan,

The devices are created using the names that are available at the time they are created. Simply put, you did not have a successful import of the names when the devices were created. To fix this, simply rename the devices yourself, OR if you are not using the devices in any events yet, you can delete all of the devices and restart HomeSeer - the devices will be re-created using the new names that you downloaded.
                Regards,

Comment

Working...
                X