ISY Insteon 1.0.2.31 RC10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, Thanks for addressing this:
    - Fixed device enable/disable bug when a device name matched a different device address/id.

Loaded 1.0.2.19 and the fix worked on my system.

Frank

Comment

Bob, FYI, I still get the 501 error. I am going to move to the latest beta of your plugin to see if that helsp.

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
        Bob, FYI, I still get the 501 error. I am going to move to the latest beta of your plugin to see if that helsp.
        1.0.2.19 should provide some details about what is causing the 501 error. The log entry will include the device address and the actual XML that was sent to the ISY. I'll need that to figure out what's going on.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Hello Bob,

I've noticed that neither of my thermostats ever register a "State" change (even when the furnace is running). I'm running plugin version 1.0.2.19 and firmware 2.8.15. I was hoping to use this indicator to count the number of times the furnace is triggered and duration it's on.

I know that support for the new Insteon energy monitor modules is still very, very early in development, but the device names keep getting longer over time e.g., "- CPW - CPW - CPW," etc.
          Attached Files
          -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
          HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
            Hello Bob,

I've noticed that neither of my thermostats ever register a "State" change (even when the furnace is running). I'm running plugin version 1.0.2.19 and firmware 2.8.15. I was hoping to use this indicator to count the number of times the furnace is triggered and duration it's on.
            I've just spent a day and a half getting my thermostat adapter working again. I know I was getting state change updates at one point but I don't know when it stopped. I am getting state change updates now.

I've been having the same problem that others have reported where the ISY seems to lose communication with the thermostat periodically. Unplugging the thermostat adapter and/or resetting my access point would restore communication for a while. Yesterday it stopped communicating and I could not get it to re-establish. I removed the thermostat from the ISY but then could not get it to re-add. I tried all kinds of things including reverting to older ISY firmware and even went so far as to factory reset my ISY. Eventually, I replaced the PLM and I was able to get the thermostat to add. It was a fairly old PLM, but it seemed to be communicating with everything else just fine. However, even after getting the thermostat added back in, I still wasn't getting any status updates from it, I could send commands and would get a response to a query, but no state updates. To get status updates working I had to follow this procedure that Michel had posted in the UDI forums:

1. Remove the thermostat from ISY
            2. Do a factory reset on the thermostat
            3. Make sure the thermostat is in the Off mode
            4. Go to Link Management | Start Linking and then click and hold the set button on the thermostat dongle

Using any other method to add the thermostat would add it, but I would only get the one device and no status updates.

I'm not sure if something has changed with recent ISY firmware, but it might be worth deleting and re-adding the thermostats. If you do this, I'd recommend shutting down HS first, delete the thermostats, add the thermostat using the above procedure, rename the thermostats to the name you had before, then restart HS.

I know that support for the new Insteon energy monitor modules is still very, very early in development, but the device names keep getting longer over time e.g., "- CPW - CPW - CPW," etc.
            Did this happen before you updated to version 1.0.2.19 of the plug-in? It was a problem with prior versions but should have been fixed in 1.0.2.19. The problem happened if you went into the HomeSeer device configuration page, each time you did that, it would add the suffix again. This effected thermostat and iMeter devices. If you are still seeing it happen with 1.0.2.19, then we'll have to do some debugging to figure out why.

I believe I have everything working for the iMeter's now. I've been doing a lot of testing with them over the past few days and will release a new version soon.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

New version 1.0.2.21 released. See the first post for the link and details of the changes.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

There appears to be a problem with thermostat triggers in the latest version(s). I'm not sure which version introduced the problem, but I suspect it was when the trigger string change happened.

I'm working on the problem and will release a new version as soon as I have it fixed.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

After a reboot of my system, ALL of my isy devices are showing 0 as the status, I can still control the device but the status never changes. Other devices that are not handled by the isy plugin are showing up normal ON/OFF.

ISY firmware is 2.8.16 plugin is 1.0.2.21

Comment

Hi JB,

Can you bump the logging level for the plug-in up to at least notices or debug and restart? The log should show us what's happening.

There's a separate thread that handles messages from the ISY to the plug-in, it sounds like either that thread didn't make a network connection or the ISY isn't sending anything.

Originally posted by JB NY View Post
                    After a reboot of my system, ALL of my isy devices are showing 0 as the status, I can still control the device but the status never changes. Other devices that are not handled by the isy plugin are showing up normal ON/OFF.

ISY firmware is 2.8.16 plugin is 1.0.2.21
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I had another application crash at the same time, and it took out HomeSeer. I think something became corrupt on the reboot. I restored from the previous nights backup and everything is working again. Sorry about that, I do not think the plugin was the problem. Thanks for the quick response.

-Joe

Comment

JB,

Glad it's resolved, thanks for letting me know.
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Version 1.0.2.22 uploaded. This fixes the thermostat trigger bug. At this point, I'm planning to freeze features to get this into the HS updater as version 3 of the plug-in. Ideally in the next couple of weeks.

After version 3 is released, work will begin on supporting the changes being introduced in the ISY 3.0.0 series of firmware.
                          --
                          Bob Paauwe
                          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Installed yesterday. So good so far. "Warning" Multi message is no longer in log.

Comment

Version 1.0.2.23 RC2 available. This fixes a bug in the device setup function. Some devices were getting set up incorrectly. The result is that those devices would not display status updates on the Status screen.

This would only effect newly added devices or all devices when the "Update Device Type" button was used.
                              --
                              Bob Paauwe
                              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Version 1.0.2.24 RC3 has been released. Unless critical issues are found/reported, I expect to submit this version to HomeSeer as the next gold release.
                                --
                                Bob Paauwe
                                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                                X