This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omni II Pro with CBus and HomeSeer

I have an Omni Pro II and have a Clipsal CBus lighting system attached to it. I have the Omni Pro connected to HomeSeer and it see's all the units and knows if they are on or off and there dim level but I can't control them from HomeSeer if I attempt to turn the units on/off or Dimm nothing happens as you can see in the attached image it can certainly see the devices.
    The HomeSeer log does not know what sort of system the units are but it still reads the status and dim values correctly.
    I have attached a jpg with the units image from HomeSeer

Can anyone please help ?

30/08/2011 2:01:23 a.m. - HAI System - House Code (A): Unsupported (9) Please provide this information to HomeSeer Technologies.
    30/08/2011 2:01:23 a.m. - HAI System - House Code (B): Unsupported (9) Please provide this information to HomeSeer Technologies.
    30/08/2011 2:01:23 a.m. - HAI System - House Code (C): Unsupported (9) Please provide this information to HomeSeer Technologies.
    30/08/2011 2:01:23 a.m. - HAI System - House Code (D): Unsupported (9) Please provide this information to HomeSeer Technologies.
    30/08/2011 2:01:23 a.m. - HAI System - House Code (E): Standard X-10
    30/08/2011 2:01:23 a.m. - HAI System - House Code (F): Standard X-10
    30/08/2011 2:01:23 a.m. - HAI System - House Code (G): Standard X-10
    Attached Files

Relating to my HAI OPII X10, UPB and Z-Wave; they are just devices that show up as units on the HS HAI unit page. I can turn them on / off /dim /brighten them.

Its odd that you can read the status fine; but not send commands to the CBUS devices.

I'm guessing that maybe there's another HS user from New Zealand or Australia that's tried the HS/HAI/CBUS combo?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Any ideas - PLEASE

Is there anyone out there that can help me with this ? This is the last hurdle to get my system going. Would there be any use lodging this as a priority support or am I wasting my time seeing it's not a supported protocol as far as HomeSeers concerned ?
      I really am desperate to get this going - happy to pay if someone can get it sorted for me

Comment

It looks like the plugin is not aware of the CBus lighting type. The defined types are: X10,UPB,ALC,Compose,HAI,CentraLite, RadioRA and Zwave.
        You may try getting help from the payed priority support, because this will involve a code change.

You may also try calling unit on/off functions from a script:

hs.plugin("HAI_System").HAI_Unit_On(unit_number)
        hs.plugin("HAI_System").HAI_Unit_Off(unit_number)

These may work, but I believe that you will not be able to dim the lights.

Comment

Code Change

Any chance we could see a code change here to make it work with the CBus lighting system through the Omni Panel. I'm desperate to make this work.
          Thanks
          David

Comment

Working...
          X