No announcement yet.

Jon00 Disk Monitor for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all looks OK. There is not much I can do unfortunately as the drive detection routine uses standard calls.
    Jon

Comment

No Problems

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        It all looks OK. There is not much I can do unfortunately as the drive detection routine uses standard calls.
        I've just rebuilt my HS3 system on Windows 10 and I'm seeing the same issue. Local drives (C & D) are fine but the mapped drive M doesn't get detected. I suspect its a Windows 10 thing as it also causes problems in Plex even though its a persistent mapped drive. After a reboot the drive appears to be logically connected until I manually do something which reads the drive. Until that point Plex clients show the media as unavailable as if the drive is missing. Unfortunately the plugin still doesnt see the drive after I've manually 'woken it up'.

Dave

Code:
        Jan-23 10:41:18	 	Jon00_DiskMon	Error: DriveLetter M does not exist
        Jan-23 10:41:18	 	Event	Running script in background: D:/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/Jon00DiskMonHS3.vben
        Jan-23 10:41:18	 	Event	Event Trigger "System Update Disk Space"

Comment

Does it find it if you wake up the drive and then restart the plugin?
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Does it find it if you wake up the drive and then restart the plugin?
            Jon,

Unfortunately not. When the PC first starts, the mapped drive is shown but the icon in finder has a red cross under the drive. On clicking the icon it opens up and the icon changed to a drive with a green pipe which is the state when I triggered the event to run the script.
            The event log threw an error at the third drive entry (M).
            I can access the drive via any other route. From command prompt I can change to M: and manipulate the directories and listings OK. As a shot in the dark I tried the direct network mapping (\\10.1.1.5\Multimedia) but that generated an error too.

I could probably achieve what I need using your SNMP plugin as the device is a Qnap NAS unit but I'm having even less success due to my lack of knowledge how to interpret the correct MIB entry and values

Dave
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is one method to connect a mapped drive on startup: http://in5stepstutorials.com/windows...ork-drives.php
              Jon

Comment

I have a weird issue on first time setup of this script.

I've made the settings.ini file changes, but every HS3 restart overwrites the file. The script also gets the same error before HS3 overwrites.

Has the settings.in config process changed?

Code:
                Nov-21 5:55:49 PM 

Error 
                Compiling script S:\Tools\HomeSeer\scripts\Jon00DiskMonHS3.vben: Type 'ManagementObject' is not defined. 
                Nov-21 5:55:49 PM 

Error 
                Compiling script S:\Tools\HomeSeer\scripts\Jon00DiskMonHS3.vben: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

Comment

The script does not touch Settings.ini so if it is being overwritten, it must be Homeseer or another plugin causing this.

Unless the ScriptingReferences is configured correctly, the script cannot work.
                  Jon

Comment

Hi Dave,

Did you get anywhere with the network mapped drive in Win 10? I have just upgraded to Win 10 and am having the exact same issue. I am mapping the drive with "net use..."

Cheers,
                    John

Originally posted by Fatlab View Post
                    Jon,

Unfortunately not. When the PC first starts, the mapped drive is shown but the icon in finder has a red cross under the drive. On clicking the icon it opens up and the icon changed to a drive with a green pipe which is the state when I triggered the event to run the script.
                    The event log threw an error at the third drive entry (M).
                    I can access the drive via any other route. From command prompt I can change to M: and manipulate the directories and listings OK. As a shot in the dark I tried the direct network mapping (\\10.1.1.5\Multimedia) but that generated an error too.

I could probably achieve what I need using your SNMP plugin as the device is a Qnap NAS unit but I'm having even less success due to my lack of knowledge how to interpret the correct MIB entry and values

Dave

Comment

No, I have not looked at this for some time. Remote drives can be integrated using my Remote Computer Control client.
                      Jon

Comment

Yep, I appreciate that but this is a nas drive.
                        Thanks anyway, I'll keep digging

Comment

Version 1.0.1 has now been released.

Changes since 1.0.0:

Compatibility with Homeseer 4
                          New Icons supplied (old still available in DL zip)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	148.0 KB ID:	1431058
                          Jon

Comment

I just came across this plugin and installed it to test it out. I am getting the following error when trying to run the script.

Time
                            From
                            Type

4/27/2022 7:01:30 PM
                            HomeSeer
                            Error
                            Compiling script (1)Jon00DiskMonHS3.vben: Function 'CreateRoot' doesn't return a value on all code paths. Are you missing a 'Return' statement?

HomeSeer
                            Error
                            Compiling script (1)Jon00DiskMonHS3.vben: Type 'ManagementObject' is not defined.

Comment

Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post
                              I just came across this plugin and installed it to test it out. I am getting the following error when trying to run the script.

Time
                              From
                              Type

HomeSeer
                              Error
                              Compiling script (1)Jon00DiskMonHS3.vben: Function 'CreateRoot' doesn't return a value on all code paths. Are you missing a 'Return' statement?

HomeSeer
                              Error
                              Compiling script (1)Jon00DiskMonHS3.vben: Type 'ManagementObject' is not defined.

Did you follow the Important instructions on page 2 of the docs regarding the ScriptingReferences entry?
                              Jon

Comment

Yes I did.

Comment

Working...
                                X