Trouble with TTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with TTS

I am evaluating this plug-in, but having trouble with the TTS settings. I am trying to follow the example in the help file to use the keyword: $SONOS$TTS$I7980EFAULT as the speaker under the speak command within an event.

The output of my HomeSeer servers audio jack is connected to the input of a zone controller named ZP-80. The host name of my HomeSeer server is I7980.

I created a link group called TTS. I've attached a PNG file showing a screen capture of that configuration.

What am I missing?
    Attached Files

Looks good, could you also show the screen shot on how you created the event.

The other thing you may want to check is whether the Speaker is actually outputting anything. You can do this by setting the ZP80 zone manually to the audio input and then have the speaker say something (create manual speak event). I had issues with the speaker client when HS was running as a service, for whatever strange reason, zip would come out of the audio port although it showed as "speaking".

If that doesn't do the trick, turn on the debug flag (save setting), do the event and send me (private email) the log file.

Dirk

Comment

More details

The image below shows the actual event actions.

The audio cabling is fine and I hear the HomeSeer output (and all other PC audio) if I use the SONOS controller to manually play the Line-in on ZP-80, which I named HomeSeer.
      Attached Files

Comment

More details

I also filled in the Speaker Device numbers of 60 and 61 in the link group, based on the help file examples as these were not auto-filled.

Comment

Originally posted by kentschwartz View Post
          I also filled in the Speaker Device numbers of 60 and 61 in the link group, based on the help file examples as these were not auto-filled.
          In this particular case, the speaker device are not used, this would be used in scripting, so don't worry about that setting.

On the action page, can you click on "advanced view" (upper right hand corner). Is the "wait for speech to finish" enabled (see help file)? If not, it could be that you are unlinking before the announcement ended. You may also try (as a test) to create a much larger text to announce, to see if you don't lose the announcement when the zones are ramping up their volume (something that will be improved in upcoming new beta). If you detect that the first part of the announcement is missing, I'll probably post the new version this weekend but if you can't wait, send me a private email and I email the DLL to you.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
          X