This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade,

>> OK there is an issue. It did try and set the setpoint back but it did not find a schedule time for the current time. That is an issue for me to find out why.

What do you do if you don't want to setup a schedule for the thermostat, will this function still work! Would you use the "Max Heat Setpoint Change" field to reset the thermostat setpoint?

I see you added two new fields on the option page that I requested . Max Heat Setpoint Change and Max Cool Setpoint Change fields. The wrte up above did't explain to me how you are using them. I just want a quick explaining of their usage in BLstat.

Bigmack48
    Last edited by BIGMACK48; December 31, 2010, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Those max setpoint change values are the max difference the change can be from the current setpoint.
      So if the current schedule setpoint is 72 and your max change is 5 then the manual setpoint change can only be a max of 77 or 67. If it is greater the plugin will reset it to the max difference so 77 or 67 in this case.

If you do not have a schedule assigned to the thermostat then that could cause issues with the manual changes because it would not know the last scheduled setpoint change.
      I cannot imagine why anyone would not want to use a schedule. Even if you only have a wake time and setpoints.
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

If no schedule is used I may have to disallow the use of the manual changes.
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          If no schedule is used I may have to disallow the use of the manual changes.
          Hey Bob, i am thinking we are strarting to get too complicted maybe?

I don't run schedules all the time and i would not want to loose the ability to set things manually at either the stat or the HS system.

Your plug is great as it is at this point, I think....

I think if we have access to the status and the device info, we should be able to set scripts for the more specific request like "wife override"' don't you think?

You are utting so much time into this which is totally appreciated! Just don't want to get to the state of diminishing returns. I think he plug from a feature set is perfect.

I only see two open issues right now:

1 the ability to see the fan state
          2 the operating state always saying heating or cooling if the mode is set to hear or cool.

Both of these I know are under review and development.

Again, you have done an awesome job with this. If only the rest of HS was built with your tenacity and attention to detail and customer input.
          Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

You must also remember that all of us don't write vb scripts for events.

I have Wrote and Design Business application for more 30 years and I try to build as much in as poosible.

You could write a event for each thermostat, but required more maintenace
            for changes!!

It just make life much easier to used if BLstat has a those rules build in. I have all the other plugin that are event driven to worry about.

Just my opinion guys!!!!

Thank You

Greg Mack

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
              Hey Bob, i am thinking we are strarting to get too complicted maybe?

I don't run schedules all the time and i would not want to loose the ability to set things manually at either the stat or the HS system.
              If you are not running a schedule for the stat, manual changes would still be allowed at the thermostat. It is just the plugin would ignore putting it back to the schedule because there is no schedule. I cannot have the plugin process a manual change if there is no schedule because once the manual change timer is done what would i set the setpoint back to?
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                I only see two open issues right now:

1 the ability to see the fan state
                2 the operating state always saying heating or cooling if the mode is set to hear or cool.
                Both of these rely on Rich to have a look at the HS code.
                He will out the next week at CES so he said he would check when he got a chance.
                Unfortunately we are waiting for these 2 to get fixed.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
                  You must also remember that all of us don't write vb scripts for events.

I have Wrote and Design Business application for more 30 years and I try to build as much in as poosible.

You could write a event for each thermostat, but required more maintenace
                  for changes!!

It just make life much easier to used if BLstat has a those rules build in. I have all the other plugin that are event driven to worry about.

Just my opinion guys!!!!

Thank You

Greg Mack
                  I am trying to build as much into the plugin as possible.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

I am thinking about adding another option to the options page that would allow the user to choose whether to rely on the HS API calls to determine the operating state of the fan and thermostat or have the plugin control this based on if the temperature has fallen or risen above the setpoint.

This would kind of fix the 2 remaining issues until they are resolved. But it also gives the user the option.

Thoughts?
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

I am thinking about adding another option to the options page that would allow the user to choose whether to rely on the HS API calls to determine the operating state of the fan and thermostat or have the plugin control this based on if the temperature has fallen or risen above the setpoint.

This would kind of fix the 2 remaining issues until they are resolved. But it also gives the user the option.

Thoughts?
                      Hmmm.... very interesting!

Can it be added with little effort to give it a shot?

it should be an if then:

If Mode is Heat/Cool and current heat/cool temp is < SP +-2* (most tstat have 2 degree variable OR you can put in the option to set your own variable) set fan state to heating/cooling ("running" if easier) else idle.

It is worth a shot to see how close we get to it...

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Blade,

I have a Question? when the operating mode is set: to heat or cooling on/off is there a time frame in minutes when the fan come on/off. is it about 3 or 4 min.

Maybe a timer in the minutes can be set after the heat come on or off to set fan mode?

If you use 2 or more degree variable, I don't know how accurate it will be.
                        depending how much the temp drop in your house.

Thank You

Bigmack

Comment

OK...
                          I cannot physically control when the stat calls for heat.
                          I can only have the plugin control the operating state status for fan and furnace based on the setpoint and temperature.

I only suggested it because the operating state from the HS api does not appear to work for everyone.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

I have posted a new build (1.0.1f)

This one adds the ability to have the plugin control the operating state status of the fan and system based on the setpoint and temperature of the stat.
                            It seems to have made my operating states work much better here as they do not rely on the HS api.

It is an option so you can enable or disable it. It is on the options page.
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

OK...
                              I cannot physically control when the stat calls for heat.
                              I can only have the plugin control the operating state status for fan and furnace based on the setpoint and temperature.

I only suggested it because the operating state from the HS api does not appear to work for everyone.
                              THank you, Sir!

Let's wait to see what Rich says when he gets back.

Comment

Blade,

I see on the new build the thermostat manufacture name.

On the Wayner Dalton keypad we have the Normal, SaveEnergy, Heat, Cool, Fan(auto,on) buttons. We don't use Aux or Auto buttons on BlStat Page. If you can hide them it would be great, if not that ok too.

Bigmack48

Comment

Working...
                                X