No announcement yet.

Jon00 Performance Monitor V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I updated my post. I believe the issue is that you don't have a speaker client running, but try setting 'Require Password for Local Area Logins' set to No
    Jon

Comment

Setting Require Password for local logins to No solved the problem.

I may prefer requiring the password and having it stored in the start script. But it sounds like we have identified the issue.
      Thanks Jon
      Jono

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll update the docs.
        Jon

Comment

V2.0.3 is now available.

This corrects the graph rendering issue when viewed in Internet Explorer 10 normal mode.
          The docs have also been updated to reflect discussions in this thread.

To update, shutdown Homeseer, replace the Jon00PerfMonHS2.exe and restart Homeseer again.
          Jon

Comment

OK I give, where is 2.03!

Comment

Go to Jon00's website and download version 2. You will get 2.0.3.
              Best I can tell, only the Jon00PerMon.exe and Doc files are different.

Comment

It was there...I just forgot to update the downloads page
                Jon

Comment

Event conditions

Hi Jon,

I want to set an event that restarts HS when the CPU is busy > 90%. How do I refer to the variables of your monitor pluggin to trigger that event? The variables are showing the graphs, but no values are shown in the status page.

Note: I haven't found any reference to "event/script" in your PDF documentation.

Thank you!

Comment

In the Jon00PerfMonV2.ini, look for the heading [Homeseer CPU Usage] or [System CPU Usage] depending on your needs.

Change the following under this heading:

HighValueTrigger=90
                    HighValueReset=75
                    ReStartHigh="1"

Save and that should be it!
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by seguinr View Post
                      Hi Jon,

I want to set an event that restarts HS when the CPU is busy > 90%. How do I refer to the variables of your monitor pluggin to trigger that event? The variables are showing the graphs, but no values are shown in the status page.

Note: I haven't found any reference to "event/script" in your PDF documentation.

Thank you!
                      My values are listed in my status page. But even if they are not, I think you could click on the hyperlink of the device on the status page, click on additional information and see how the status or value is represented. I believe 90% on the CPU is represented by the value 90. Then you could could write an event triggered by the change in the device value (in the case you cited over 90). The advantage is you could also trigger other HS actions like HS emailing you that HS is about to do a reboot.

Jon's method probably has advantages, but I tend to forget about triggers that are hidden in scripts and would prefer to find them in events, which are easily searchable.

Many thanks to Jon00 for this really cool piece of code. It would be great if some of the power users could list what they use as triggers for HS restarts or PC reboots. For examples, handles over a certain number, memory or CPU percentages, etc. I'm assuming that this can be used to mitigate some of the instability issues in some of the later versions of HS2.

Comment

My apologies Jon, I haven't pay much attention to the last page parameters! Events/Scripts conditions are managed by the .EXE itself and reboot is a fully integrated option!

Very usefull, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                          It would be great if some of the power users could list what they use as triggers for HS restarts or PC reboots. For examples, handles over a certain number, memory or CPU percentages, etc. I'm assuming that this can be used to mitigate some of the instability issues in some of the later versions of HS2.
                          It really depends on your system i.e. processor, memory installed etc. The graphs show the values before/after a restart so if you are getting HS crashing when threads reach 6000, you could set it to restart when they reach 5500.
                          Jon

Comment

Jono,

I've tested it and the values are accessibles through hs.DeviceValue function. That makes it very easy to use scripts in HS to trigger events!

Parameters in the .ini file are dynamically reloaded without restarting anything! Good job Jon!

Thank you for your help!

Comment

Jon,

I don't have much data as to what happened, but last night I noticed that although HS had been up for about 7 days or so, PerfMon2 stopped updating the virtual devices about 4 days ago. I checked the task monitor and saw that it was still running, so I don't know what it was doing. We were on our way out for dinner so I simply restarted HS. It appears that PerfMon2 has been running fine every since.

Sorry I don't have more info, and I'm sure this isn't enough to help you track it down. I've not noticed this behavior before, so I don't know that it is worth you even looking into at this point. Just wanted to let you know about it.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Look in the Homeseer folder for Jon00PerfMonV2Errorlog.txt

If it exists, does it reveal anything when this happened?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X