Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toggle function

Hi, Spud.

I'm having a problem with the toggle function. I'm using an Aeon Labs Minimote and would like each button press to increase light levels by 10% (button 1).

Below is what the corresponding coded event looks like for two buttons (the second button event is similar to the first, but the values are reversed). When I push button 1 on my remote, one of the values is implemented (perhaps 'On', but certainly not 10%). Subsequent button presses don't change the light level. My understanding was that the first press should trigger the first item in the list, and subsequent presses should have triggered the next entries in the toggle list, in the order I have presented.

Could you let me know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Dave
    Attached Files

I would need to see how the status/values are defined for this device.
    What do you have in the logs when the toggle event is run.

Also if you go to advanced editing mode (blue bird button), you will see a checkbox to use the "closest toggle value as reference". Try to check it to se if that changes anything.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DaveW42 View Post
        Hi, Spud.

I'm having a problem with the toggle function. I'm using an Aeon Labs Minimote and would like each button press to increase light levels by 10% (button 1).

Below is what the corresponding coded event looks like for two buttons (the second button event is similar to the first, but the values are reversed). When I push button 1 on my remote, one of the values is implemented (perhaps 'On', but certainly not 10%). Subsequent button presses don't change the light level. My understanding was that the first press should trigger the first item in the list, and subsequent presses should have triggered the next entries in the toggle list, in the order I have presented.

Could you let me know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Dave
        You cannot use "Changes and becomes..." for a trigger. The trigger must be "This device had its value set to...". The reason is that each time you press the same button, it is not changing, it is only being set. Change the triggers and try it. You can see in your log entries, the Minimote values for button 1 and 2 pressed are being received, but the event is not being triggered, except when the button pressed is different then the last button pressed.

This is for a HomeSeer scene capable switch, but the concept is the same:

Last edited by randy; January 23, 2018, 11:01 PM.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Dear Randy,

Thank you!!! That would have taken me forever to figure out. I tried your suggestion and it worked perfectly. Thanks go to you and Spud!

+1 for the concept of including this plug-in with HomeSeer, and for future development in areas like this.

I don't see many talking about the toggle functionality within EasyTrigger, so I will offer the following based on my limited (but extremely positive) experience with it.

The toggle feature within EasyTrigger enables the user to easily create a set list of values that can be alternated between (e.g., toggled on/off) or incremented/decremented/rotated among (e.g., 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100). Applications include (for example) using buttons to easily ramp lighting or volume levels up or down in fixed increments.

My understanding is that there can be 10 items in the set. Spud, my humble suggestion would be to raise this to 11. This is not just an homage to Spinal Tap. It means that the user could work in 10 point increments from 0 to 100 (11 steps), rather than from 10 to 100 (10 steps), for example.

Thanks again!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DaveW42 View Post
            Dear Randy,

Thank you!!! That would have taken me forever to figure out. I tried your suggestion and it worked perfectly. Thanks go to you and Spud!

+1 for the concept of including this plug-in with HomeSeer, and for future development in areas like this.

I don't see many talking about the toggle functionality within EasyTrigger, so I will offer the following based on my limited (but extremely positive) experience with it.

The toggle feature within EasyTrigger enables the user to easily create a set list of values that can be alternated between (e.g., toggled on/off) or incremented/decremented/rotated among (e.g., 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100). Applications include (for example) using buttons to easily ramp lighting or volume levels up or down in fixed increments.

My understanding is that there can be 10 items in the set. Spud, my humble suggestion would be to raise this to 11. This is not just an homage to Spinal Tap. It means that the user could work in 10 point increments from 0 to 100 (11 steps), rather than from 10 to 100 (10 steps), for example.

Thanks again!

Dave
            In version 3.0.0.44 (available in the Beta section of the updater) I have increased the maximum number of items to 20.

Comment

Great news, thanks Spud!!

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X